Erin Wasson x RVCA - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
16-10-2008
V.I.P.

Erin Wasson x RVCA
http://pipeline.refinery29.com

here are photos from the promo event. i saw the price list and i think its a major ripoff in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erin1.jpg (32.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg erin2.jpg (32.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg erin3.jpg (47.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg erin4.jpg (44.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg erin5.jpg (44.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg erin6.jpg (32.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg erin7.jpg (58.5 KB, 46 views)

Meg
inspired contemplation

major ripoff? Try majorly ugly. Legalize what? Erin Wasson's a**? Sorry but what the shizz is this?

16-10-2008
V.I.P.

some of this stuff retails at 350$.

apparelnews
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wasson1.jpg (18.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg wasson2.jpg (16.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg wasson3.jpg (16.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg wasson4.jpg (18.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wasson5.jpg (20.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wasson6.jpg (16.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wasson7.jpg (20.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg wasson9.jpg (14.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wasson8.jpg (15.9 KB, 11 views)

flaunt the imperfection

doesn't it all look like it came from the salvation army?

and isn't part of the point of wearing vintage to be unique and to find things that will set you apart from the clones ?
and isn't part of the point to save some $$$...?
so isn't this the complete opposite of that...?

so...isn't this really dumb?

16-10-2008
army of lovers

I guess it's for girls who want the vintage look but are too lazy to go to goodwill, salvation army.

Honestly, you can go to walmart and recreate some of these looks.

16-10-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

It's not even that. It's like Erin Wasson's personal style inspired Alexander Wang, and now she's ripping him off to recreate these "pieces" that retail at the same price? Honestly, the more I see Erin Wasson "do", the more annoying she becomes.

16-10-2008
fashion elite

Well that explains how she and Wang no longer have a professional working relationship anymore. She's ripping off everyone!!

16-10-2008
V.I.P.

i thought the jeans were hot until i saw the back of them...

and as much as i like the other stuff (some of it), i doubt they're worth $350..

17-10-2008
a hymn to darkness

Is this idea stolen, too???
I am already so over her and Alex Wang..

tfs star

unoriginal copycatting leech

17-10-2008
V.I.P.

Buying cheap stuff that was made by Erin Wasson is SOOOOOOOOO worth it......... Especially when you can find it for near to nothing!

I like to pay more to look like I have no money. cause being stupid is the whole point!

17-10-2008
V.I.P.

excerpt from latimes.com

Erin Wasson creates her own model for success

[COLOR=#333333 ! important]The in-demand model teams with surf/skate brand RVCA in an unlikely partnership to introduce her own line.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#999999 ! important]By Adam Tschorn and Booth Moore, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
September 7, 2008 [/COLOR]
NEW YORK -- HEIDI AND Tyra, make room for Erin -- as in Erin Wasson, the next top model to be having a pop-culture moment. Wasson appeared as the down South Bonnie to Justin Timberlake's Clyde in the first-ever ad campaign for his William Rast label this fall, and she's been modeling for Victoria's Secret, H&M and Maybelline cosmetics, designing jewelry and negotiating an upcoming reality series with MTV.

Now the 26-year-old bicoastal beatnik beauty is kicking off Fashion Week here by rolling out her first capsule collection of Erin Wasson X RVCA clothing -- the first beat of a three-year collaboration with surf-skate brand RVCA. At first blush, that teaming seems like a fashion mismatch, but it's the opposite.

"It's a real yin-yang thing, which is RVCA's whole mantra," Wasson said Thursday, hours before her debut as a designer.

Costa Mesa-based RVCA (pronounced "ROO-kah") represents the avant-garde of the action sports arena, and is known for its support of athletes and artists from outside the mainstream. But until now its bread and butter has been in the board sport basics -- shorts and graphic Ts. And that makes the upscale collaboration with Wasson a major departure.

"It's like all these divine interventions have followed me around," she says, sitting in an overstuffed chair in the funky Lower East Side apartment that serves as her New York live-work space. She is barefoot with her legs crossed, wearing a pair of silver lamé cutoffs and a blousy black top with tiny lightning bolts, both from the new line.

Wasson calls Santa Monica home, but grew up in Dallas and spends much of her time working in New York. Her personal style, East Coast-meets-West Coast hippie grunge, has had far-reaching influence of late -- the cutoff shorts, the men's vests, even the slouchy boyfriend jeans that are making their way back into fashion are all Wasson signatures.

Her first "divine intervention" was meeting up-and-coming designer Alexander Wang, who lives just three floors below her in New York. She credits her experience styling his last two runway shows, with their distinctive menswear-hits-the-street look, with giving her the skills she used at RVCA.

Wasson met RVCA founder and creative director Pat Tenore's 15-year-old son during a Huntington Beach on-location shoot for French Vogue, which led to a meeting with Tenore and an invitation to work on a line.

That was a year ago.

"He wanted to meet and I literally walked in with a box of vintage clothes and all these ideas, and Pat said, 'Wow, you know exactly what you want to do.' " Wasson gets inspired, like so many designers, from vintage shopping -- at the flea market off Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, Catwalk on Fairfax Avenue.

The 16-piece capsule collection hitting stores in January (the only confirmed boutique to date is Opening Ceremony in New York and L.A.) is a modern take on stoner chic -- dark denim shorts with the word "LOVER" spelled out on the waistband in studs mimicking a belt; a blue-and-white striped romper; distressed, rolled-cuff boyfriend jeans; and a black-and-white color-blocked jacket with a zipper up the back that's like the center vent on a men's jacket. Prices range from $50 for a tank top to $115 for a dress and $230 for denim cutoffs.

Her favorite piece is the lightning-bolt print top she's wearing. It's called the Zeppelin, "as in the band."

trendsetter

All these clothes are so not worth the price. It's all been done before and notthing special.

18-10-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post

"He wanted to meet and I literally walked in with a box of vintage clothes and all these ideas, and Pat said, 'Wow, you know exactly what you want to do.' " Wasson gets inspired, like so many designers, from vintage shopping -- at the flea market off Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, Catwalk on Fairfax Avenue.
Oh! Yet ANOTHER line "inspired" by vintage!! How original!! Was your Low Life, ahem, Low Luv line inspired by Bliss Lau?

05-12-2008
front row

how much are these worth? can anyone link to me an online store that sells this so i know what they cost?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
erin, rvca, wasson