How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

i was just about to say how dark and stark this collection was, when i suddenly saw Pilati...

seriously, he needs to lighten up a a bit. a bit more joie de vivre.

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

YAWN. Next collection...
Wake me up when he does something fantastic. It's obviously a different label he's designing for, but this just appears stale in comparison to his fantastic work at YSL. I honestly don't get how some of you are salivating over this.

V.I.P.

A quite solid collection and debut from Pilati. Over his years at YSL, he proved two things to me: 1, he's not the creative, pushing-boundaries type of designers; and 2, he is great with craftsmanship and tailoring. These two particularities will fit him right in at Zegna. I really liked how he built the collection with a nice deal of diversity. Daywear with a brighter colour pallet and suits with a sober colour pallet, very clever. There is something for every type of men, and the usual Zegna client will be pleased.

Last edited by Marc10; 22-06-2013 at 08:26 PM.
22-06-2013
fashion elite

do you really get a look at how Zegna designs are before this collection? this is bloody gloomy. I know Stefano is a decent designer, you can see he tries hard to fit in, this collection is not Zegna enough though.

22-06-2013
rising star

This was a well accomplished welcome back show for Pilati. I thought it was fantastic! The colour palette, the small details, the styling, the venue, the music, the atmosphere; it was all very appropriate. As usual, the concept was very intellectual.

I particularly like how it was conservative enough for old Zegna customers but edgy enough for newer, younger potential ones. The clash between severe formality and a dose of nonchalant attitude is something he does so well. I wish I could own it all! I can't wait to see what he has in store for Agnona!

Last edited by ogepma; 22-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.
23-06-2013
V.I.P.

Full show in HD

23-06-2013
trendsetter

??? This is for old men. Really old men. At least Alessandro Sartori was innovative and timeless. Stick with womenswear, Stefano.

backstage pass

In your face Saint Laurent.

23-06-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidwell View Post
??? This is for old men. Really old men. At least Alessandro Sartori was innovative and timeless. Stick with womenswear, Stefano.

Not sure if you're aware of this but this line IS for old men. The top tier zegna is not for young fashion-crazed consumers. And remember that Sartori did Z Zegna, which does skew younger.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

It's not the most revolutionary collection but I do love the luxe, throwback vibe of it. The styling is what gives a lot of the looks a certain level of strength to me, especially the shirt cuffs folded back under suits, and belted everything .

I think just seeing Stefano back at work validates this collection to me somehow though.

23-06-2013
fashion elite

wow this was incredibly beautiful

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, ermenegildo, milan, s or s, zegna