How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2012
Geometric Discharge

Olivier Theyskens A/W 1999-2000
I just remember those flashing lights and then this wall just coming out of the darkness. It gave me one of those goosebump, but sinister feelings that *Bianca* was talking about

06-10-2012
Some Like It Hot

My favorites are mainly the spectacles Lee has produced in some of his most infamous collections -

To this day Fall 2006 will always remain as my favorite collection/productions, the moment the lights dim and the soundtrack to shindlers list blares from the sound system the hairs on my spine stand on end, the collection will always be a hit in my eyes, for me Lee was never an attention seeker with his productions/theatrics he just wowed us out of sheer talent whereas we can compare other designers and their constant need for attention, he was never like that, he kept us glued to what he did next because he was a genius, I can somewhat understand why Sarah Burton exclaimed that she could never match his brilliance in terms of productions, because you've only got to glare at this collection to understand how brilliant he really was, among many others that we could all remark as 'his best' they were all 'his best'.

Fall 2005;

I don't know what it is about this collection nor its production that makes me love it, the soundtrack is great also, I think that makes a great production also, the soundtrack can either bore us or entertain us.

Forgotten Innocents

Christian Dior Fall/Winter 1999 Haute Couture

Reading old reviews, the collection apparently wasn't received too well (though, Anna Wintour seemed to love it in Boss Women), but it is, by far, one of my favorite Galliano/Dior shows.

Production by La Mode en Images

(responsible for a lot of Galliano's '90s pre-Bureau Betak shows)

wonderful-town.com

Full Show:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ I've got the show two days. Can't post it at the moment, because my YouTube channel got deleted, but I'm woking on it.

06-12-2012
backstage pass

Hugo Boss F/W 2011

http://vimeo.com/32036280

19-12-2012
windowshopping

Chanel: Catwalk as Theatre
Lagerfeld, not only a man with an eye for sartorialism, he is also a genius in the art of theatre. The theme of his shows brings a thoughtful, altogether more intellectual level of creativity than other couture houses. Not just a showcase for the latest designs. They are ideas partly based on fable, partly historic and takes one into a world of make-believe for adults, theatre, bejewelled pantomime. Never disturbing - like some other designers, always with the aim of the most beautiful, the most exquisite. Now mimicked by others but no-one replicates the individual excellence of Lagerfeld.

This collage shows some of his most artistic recent shows: the Metiers d'Art in Edinburgh - set in a Scottish castle (Ch‚teau de Glamis), snow falling, part Queen of Scots, part Renaissance. The second is located on Venice Lido - part Venice Carnival and masked balls, part Edwardian - surely influenced by the movie Death in Venice - then on to the flappers of the 1920s. His final show depicted here is his impression - and he freely admits to never having visited the country - of India. India of the historic not the modern - days of the Raj and the influence of the English in India (interestingly the collection uses the former English name of Bombay and not the retitled Indian name Mumbai). The train shown is influenced by an actual dinner table piece in a Maharajah's Palace in Rajasthan.

Perhaps Lagerfeld is also trying to give us a lesson in a country's heritage too and make us think a bit more deeply about the role of costume in history.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, productions