Fendi Haute Fourrure F/W 2016.17 Rome - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-07-2016
fashion icon

Show of the season. Period. Amazing collection. Couture proper.

backstage pass

all i can think about is how ridiculously expensive these amazing clothes would be

07-07-2016
V.I.P.

Ohh Karl
So exquisite! The most beautiful way to end a beautiful and marvelous couture season.
I love that it's the total opposite of last collection which was so hard-edge and warrior-like.
It was even more beautiful in motion. He really knows the thing about lightness. It was a very inventive and intricate way of using fur....And that set!
I'm in love. Karl is just the best, the real deal. No matter how i will critisize his campaigns or choices of It-girls, he will always deliver interesting/beautiful clothes.
This man is a treasure!

This couture season was one the best in recent times. The couturiers (Karl, John and Jean Paul) delivered and that's the only thing that matter. In a perfect world, Couture Week should be Couture Day with only those 3 showing. The rest was forgettable, average or boring.
They gave us emotion, drama and real fashion moments...
It makes me believe in fashion again.

07-07-2016
V.I.P.

I must be looking at a different collection because I find everything here absolutely hideous.

07-07-2016
tfs star

Stunning work! The dresses are beautiful, and the location is, of course, amazing.

07-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazebo View Post
This is the height of luxury. A true fairy tale.
Yes it is. I'm totally blown away by this beautiful collection. Only a designer like Karl could've produced such an amazing piece of work, it's a dream!

The setting is dream like as well, I mean Fontana di Trevi as a backdrop for the show. I think Fendi sponsored the renovation of the landmark that's why the could showcase it on it.

backstage pass

Seemed like he put all his effort for Fendi not Chanel.
This collection is my best couture collection in years.

V.I.P.

why fur

just why it's horrible

fashion insider

Those flower dresses are dreamy and crafted beautifully on a tasteful level, it puts the D&G to death.

08-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I must be looking at a different collection because I find everything here absolutely hideous.
You should watch the video if you haven't yet ! The details are amazing, everything is so delicate.

08-07-2016
tfs star

This was absolutely magical. One of the those rare moments when everything is perfect. The clothes was INCREDIBLE, location was SUBLIME, and even with a Jenner and Hadid I can't complain about the cast. I will remember this even when I am senile.

trendsetter

Beautiful collection. Amazing!

08-07-2016
rising star

I always find Karl is more passionate about Fendi than Chanel, I guess after all he did created the codes of Fendi 50 years+ ago.

08-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
This is unsurprisingly gorgeous, right down to the presentation. I mean the workmanship is mind blowing and the ways that the fur is used -- like fabric, as is Karl and Fendi's trademark -- isn't only inventive, but perfectly done. But...and it's me splitting hairs really...I don't know that a charming, delicate fairy tale packed with whimsy is what I really crave from Fendi. I've always liked when the house veers towards the brashly modernist, to the point of almost being too modern.

The work here is cutting edge but I'm not entirely sure the sensibility is. Still, Karl and his ateliers basically just schooled Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci as far as charming fantasy clothes go.
my thoughts exactly. you know it's fur, but at the same time it's so light, it's hard to believe it.

08-07-2016
V.I.P.

Interesting detail: For some of the embroideries, Karl was inspired by the Swedish illustrator John Bauer.. check out his work: here

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, fendi, fourrure, haute, rome