How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
i don't like the sunglasses at all...
they remind me of industrial face shields
Lol, I laughed when I've read this, and I agree. I like the clean colour palette, most of the bags and skirts though. The fur clutches, black, (overstyled) finishing looks and 'maid' dresses (on Daga, Julia and Jacquelyn)... well, look just weird.

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

the only look i really love is that blue blazer with red/white stripped skirt....

23-09-2011
fashion insider

23-09-2011
fashion insider

To me, a lot of the pieces are great and a lot of pieces aren't so great. I definitely like this collection more than a lot of the recent Fendi collections. I can't see a big portion of the pieces looking flattering on non-models, though. The accessories are actually pretty funny.

V.I.P.

After watching the video I have a new found appreciation for the collection. With Fendi, there are so many elements, you really have to take time to look at the collection. You can't really dismiss a Fendi collection at face value as there is so much to be discovered.

I love the combination of that sartorial Milanese style and mathematics and scientist and intellectual. It was all quite interesting and felt fresh because unlike Prada was not over-designed or over-thought. This was fashion but it wasn't trying too hard. Kudos to Karl and Silvia.

23-09-2011
fashion insider

23-09-2011
Power to the 99%

I am so bringing up this collection next time someone says Karl is a genius who never puts a foot wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentacl Ventricl View Post
Does anyone have a/the technical term for this type of sleeve please? We've seen these crop up elsewhere. And they seem to me to be fairly new for the season. If you want to really show your knowledge tell us their history, who's done them in the past? image reposted from above.
I would call it a short kimono sleeve if I were trying to describe it ...

24-09-2011
V.I.P.

Fendi, spring/summer 2012, Milano
Quote:
Significantly, Karl Lagerfeld, who sent out a lucid and elegant Fendi collection, came up with a similar vision when he said he wanted to create “clothes for daily life — we don’t live for the red carpet.”
Retreating from fashion as a spectator sport is the new mood in Milan for spring/summer 2012 — and this in a country where reality show contestants on television, not to mention that Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s bunga-bunga girls, seem dressed for a perpetual party.
The change of mood may come partly from a country chastened by international criticism of its financial management. But it is also an appreciation of today’s retail reality. As Mr. Dolce explained, the mass market is so invasive that high-end brands have to offer genuine clothes that appeal to clients in the real world.
Fendi ’s crisp cotton dresses — rounded, feminine shapes, but with not too much exposure — were part of the new fashion wave that is rolling over for next summer.
“Very Italian,” Mr. Lagerfeld said before sending out a collection that was as apparently simple as its fabrics, textures and decoration were elegantly subtle.
With the horizontal grid of a catwalk, and stripes often repeated in the clothes, the impression was of a seaside boardwalk circa 1960, the models with smooth beehives and a dainty way of walking on their colored (and stripy) sandals.
This was Italy before the onset of mass tourism and of global sportswear. But there were a lot of modern treatments and hidden treasures under the streamlined surface. Different textures, weaves, colors and embellishment were worked into these beautifully made clothes. And into Silvia Venturini Fendi’s bags, which were loaded with details without ever looking loud or brassy.
Mr. Lagerfeld has spent a lifetime in couture and he brought that nonchalance to Fendi: an apparent simplicity that required immense workmanship to perforate a suede trench coat or to scatter pinhole embroideries of daisies and squares on the surface of a dress.
Different proportions and graphic effects, like chest bibs, made the clothes seem easy while “off” colors — say the burnt orange of leather jacket, mixed with olive green — were somehow redolent of Italy’s terra cotta houses in a leafy landscape.
This ability to catch the Roman Holiday side of Fendi’s history, while making the clothes seem modern and international, made for a powerful collection.
suzy menkes, int.com

V.I.P.

youtube.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, fendi, milan, s or s