How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2015
V.I.P.

The First Fashion Show You Watched
I don't know if there is already a similar thread but whatever. The first fashion show I've ever watched was Chanel Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2008. Back in May 2008 I was "skipping over" my TV's channels and found World Fashion Channel and they were streaming this Chanel show.

20-03-2015
backstage pass

First one I've seen in person was Duckie Brown S/S 2010.

First one I saw broadcasted was Dries van Noten but I can't remember the year. Possibly 2009/2008. This is back when Bloomberg was the mayor in NY and there was a channel that would broadcast shows from fashion week.

20-03-2015
V.I.P.

I think it was Chanel S/S 07–still love it.

20-03-2015
V.I.P.

Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2006

The opening was absolutely EPIC.

The models, the carousel, the backdrop of the music box then... BAM! The beat starts and Snejana Onopka struts her way down the runway. It was the moment I fell in love with fashion.

20-03-2015
backstage pass

Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2007. Saw it live on Fashion TV and it still is the show that means Fashion with the capital F to me. The models, music by Justin Timberlake, futuristic setting and unbelievably impressive clothes. One of my favorites to this day.

20-03-2015
backstage pass

The very first one ? OMG it was so long ago, I think I was 9 or 10 ... We have a channel called "Paris Premičre" and around 2000 they were airing fashion shows. I remember having seen Yves Saint-Laurent, with beautiful heels with big bows behind the ankles. Emanuel Ungaro too. I guess I've watched other designers too, but I can't remember who ...

Some Like It Hot

One of the first was Dior Haute Couture Fall Winter 2004, I saw the review and pictures of it in a newspaper and I wanted to watch it so badly and Dior had uploaded it on their website.. it still remains one of my all-time favourite shows.

trendsetter

The first one that stuck with me was Atelier Versace spring 2001. I watched it on FTV and I remember I was mesmerised. This is what fashion is for me; powerful, sexy, fun, chic and that is why I will always have a warm place in my heart for Versace. I wish donatella would go back to her roots, you cannot compare this sophisticated collection to what she's doing now.
PS
I bought the amazing sunglasses from this collection.

And maybe even before that, Dior HC f/w 1999. I was BLOWN away.

Last edited by gazebo; 20-03-2015 at 05:23 AM.
20-03-2015
V.I.P.

Perhaps I saw/read about other shows before that, but I think the first fashion show and fashion related image that stuck in my head was seeing something about Dior Couture F/W 06 on TV. All those medieval-like outfits, John taking the bow in the spacesuit... It was so beautiful, crazy and fascinating.

theguardian

I had very little notion of what the fashion industry was and who those people were, but I just had to have more of that. Then I started watching Fashion Television with Jeanne Beker and then the internet and ... well, here we are.

we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
20-03-2015
fashion icon

The very first could be the YSL show at World Cup 1998 opening, I was just thinking how blue that carpet was.

Chanel SS 2006 is probably the first one I watched the full show, the news was talking about "technology" and all cool things Chanel brought to runway that season, and I wanted to know what those cool stuffs were. But even back then Chanel was about kickass setting. The only thing I can recall now is the keyboard stairs.

20-03-2015
front row

I don't actually remember the FIRST fashion show I ever watched but the most memorable and important one for me would have to be Alexander McQueen's Plato's Atlantis. It changed my life and started my obsessed with McQueen + fashion. It unlike anything I had ever seen and even still to this day I love it!

rising star

I can't remeber the very first I've watched, but I remember browsing through VSFS 2005 segments on YouTube...
Other than that, I remember obsessively watching Alexander McQueen’s spring 1998 Golden Shower fashion show

20-03-2015
Unveil Yourself....

For me it was this image that immediately urged me to find out everything there was to know about what ever it was I was looking at. Which led me to dior.com and the video of the F/W 03.04 couture show and I was completely blown away. I remember everything about that day. From the looped music that played on the "choose your language" page at dior.com, to where I was sitting and the perfume my mother was wearing. Right then and there I knew this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. It still remains my favourite fashion show ever and represents a lot of very strong life defining emotions for me. The moment I saw that image and the show video over 11 years ago changed the entire course of my life, for which I am eternally grateful.

style.com

twitter.com/ErikP87
20-03-2015
tfs star

Prada Spring 2008. I don't even remember how I stumbled across this but I'm really glad I did.

20-03-2015
tfs star

Prada Fall 2007 and been hooked ever since

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, watched