Frida Giannini & Patrizio di Marco leaving Gucci - Page 17 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2017
V.I.P.

Ugh! I need Frida at a good Italian house.. Ferragamo maybe.

V.I.P.

Any news on Frida Giannini's whereabouts nowadays? I cannot seem to find anything recent online, apart from her joining the Save the Children board back in July 2017.

I recently stumbled across Gucci's Spring 2013 collection and was suddenly reminded of how much I used to live for both Giannini's work and Gucci back then. She needs to make a comeback, ASAP!

backstage pass

^Been wondering the same thing! I know many found her uninspiring, but I quite liked a lot of what she did.

1 Day Ago
fashion icon

She must be taking care of her daughter and enjoying the money she has earned from her time at Gucci.

While i wasn't really a fan of her work at Gucci, she is still needed. I don't think that at Gucci she really had the opportunity to showcase her vision. She was very "scolaire" and followed the footsteps of Tom.

Bottega Veneta or even Ferragamo are houses that could do wonders with her. She understand luxury and to be honest most of the leather bags under her tenure are better than what Michele is doing today. They were really timeless.

1 Day Ago
backstage pass

Totally agree. She's not a boundary-pushing designer, but she certainly does understand luxury. I can't remember anything she did under her tenure looking particularly "cheap."

Perhaps--if she wanted to return--she could start her own leather goods house, because accessories are definitely her strong suit.

1 Day Ago
windowshopping

But don't forget, Alessandro was her accessories designer...

I did also wonder what had happened to her too. We need her kind of classic glamour back, in a day full of Demna and Alessandro's. This 'edginess' is becoming tiresome and I want back what she did at Gucci. There is no shame in having something beautiful, instead of this ugly streetwear that everyone is hyping over right now.

1 Day Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidee View Post
Totally agree. She's not a boundary-pushing designer, but she certainly does understand luxury. I can't remember anything she did under her tenure looking particularly "cheap."

Perhaps--if she wanted to return--she could start her own leather goods house, because accessories are definitely her strong suit.
Totally Agree, this tacky thrift store fad has to go. I definitely miss seeing high octane glamour on the runways. While I hate some of Frida's work she did have some great moments like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmbsFbBfK8

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
confirmed, di, fida, ford, frida, giannini, gucci, leave, leaving, marco, patrizio, returning, tom, updated