Frida Giannini & Patrizio di Marco leaving Gucci - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2014
front row

I would like Rick Owens at Gucci. A mixture between avant-garde and sexyness to shake up the dust at Gucci.

PS. And Rick knows how to create desirable leather items.

Last edited by jeanclaude; 12-12-2014 at 09:37 AM.
12-12-2014
backstage pass

R.O for Gucci? And then someone will complain about it just like Raf for Dior, certainly.

12-12-2014
front row

There are tastes for everyone, obviously!

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
2.Joseph Altuzarra
OH GOD NO PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN

IDK, guys. Gucci needs someone who can do somewhat of a cool, understated sexiness. There needs to be a tiny amount of nbrash, but it needs to be cool and collected. Who could do that?

12-12-2014
Wanderlust

I was thinking Theyskens, but I just do not know. Gucci is extremely particular and requires a certain type of designer. Someone that can do demi-couture, but also sexy. Exclusive, but not too pretentious.

I just do not know !

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

It was time!

fashion insider

Have been hearing Tisci rumors for over a year now. Considering his last collection at Givenchy echoed his accumulative works there it wouldn't really surprise me. Besides he hardly designs himself, too busy having good times at Ibiza, but the media attention and his following could work wonders for Gucci.
Since Lemaire is out of the question I for one would love to see Philip Lim, Chitose Abe ( Sacai) or AF Vandevorst have a go on Gucci esthetics.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
I was thinking Theyskens, but I just do not know. Gucci is extremely particular and requires a certain type of designer. Someone that can do demi-couture, but also sexy. Exclusive, but not too pretentious.

I just do not know !
Perhaps Alexandre Vauthier? He can do sexy, and he can also do classy, plus he only has his label on the plate right now. But maybe they wanna go with an Italian designer, in which case, I don't know.

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
IDK, guys. Gucci needs someone who can do somewhat of a cool, understated sexiness. There needs to be a tiny amount of nbrash, but it needs to be cool and collected. Who could do that?
I agree with this, but off the top of my head I can't come up with anyone who could answer the calling.

12-12-2014
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
Perhaps Alexandre Vauthier? He can do sexy, and he can also do classy, plus he only has his label on the plate right now. But maybe they wanna go with an Italian designer, in which case, I don't know.
Could be very good !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I agree with this, but off the top of my head I can't come up with anyone who could answer the calling.
Yeah, I cannot come up witha solid answer for anyone that would be good or appropriate for this. Gucci is very hard to get right I think.

12-12-2014
tfs star

theboldandthebri.tumblr.com

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Well I, for one, think it's quite sad that she's leaving. She had ups and down but overall I think her collections were classy and from good quality (as it appeared).
Besides, i'm sooooo bored by that "I miss Tom Ford at Gucci"... Did anyone see the collections at his own label? They're tacky as hell and get lots of negative comments.

Gucci is a classy brand, not a sexy brand.
Exactly. Tom Ford clothes look so dated for this time. He doesn't change since forever.

Alexandre Vauthier could be a nice option.
I can't imagine Riccardo for this
Joseph Altazurra NO THANKS.

12-12-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Perhaps Alexandre Vauthier? He can do sexy, and he can also do classy, plus he only has his label on the plate right now
Alexandre Vauthier is very one note and maybe too Mugler. He is not a good fit.

I don't see why LVMH will ever let Riccardo leave. For the first time in almost 20 years, Givenchy is relevant and profitable. The collections are still good even if i'm tired of seeing him everywhere.

The thing with Gucci is that Tom Ford defined the GUCCI esthetic. But, that esthetic is much more Tom Ford than "Gucci"...It was called Tom Ford for Gucci at the time. It was that idea of a young and sexy powerful executive woman. At the end, it was very glamorous and glossy.

Only Tom can do Tom. We have seen what Alessandra did when she was trying to do Tom. It was tacky.
Sex sells still and in a more and more conservative society, what Tom Ford did back then (and still doing) is still relevant.

Gucci needs a personality. A vision. CREATIVITY! Tom left in 2004...and we are still talking about him and his Gucci days. This is because Gucci under Frida has no impact.
Nicolas Ghesquičre at Vuitton has achieved in 1 year what she wasn't able to do in 8! Slimane in 1 years "destroyed" Stefano, Tom, Alber and even Yves years.

Altuzarra is such a bad idea! I'm for MARCO DE VICENZO, FRANCESCO SCOGNAMIGLIO or MARIO SCHWAB. Franca Sozzani have to something for them!
The Gucci campaigns by Meisel! I'm dreaming
But with Alexander Wang at Balenciaga & Slimane at YSL...i'm afraid that Altuzarra will go to Gucci.

12-12-2014
trendsetter

I really like the Frida's work, Tom Ford or Tisci will be a bad decision because (IMO) Gucci is an elegant luxury brand and not a label that makes dresses to show boobs

V.I.P.

Frida made a great work at Gucci, but recently, the last collections were very bad. I can't wait to see the new CD of the brand & refresh it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
confirmed, di, fida, ford, frida, giannini, gucci, leave, leaving, marco, patrizio, returning, tom, updated