Frida Giannini & Patrizio di Marco leaving Gucci - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2014
backstage pass

I think the whole thing is kind of sad actually. I kind of liked what Frida was doing. That being said, I would love to see Peter Dundas take over Gucci.

fashion elite

I wonder what she will do next. She is the only one who can make CHLOE successful again. She is very good for accessories, colors and easy-sexy clothes.

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Alexandre Vauthier is very one note and maybe too Mugler. He is not a good fit.
I kind of agree with the one note, and maybe he needs some polishing, but if the brand's trying to do a 180 from this 60's-ish, more conservative identity that's been going on with Frida, maybe Vauthier would be a good change of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Altuzarra is such a bad idea! I'm for MARCO DE VICENZO, FRANCESCO SCOGNAMIGLIO or MARIO SCHWAB. Franca Sozzani have to something for them!
Francesco Scognamiglio! I was thinking of him! Maybe he's a tad too ~brash~ for the job, but it'd still be great! I'm not down for de Vincenzo, if only because it'd mean that the casting is going to be even more whitewashed than it already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I agree with this, but off the top of my head I can't come up with anyone who could answer the calling.
It's very hard, indeed. The very essence of Gucci (an essence that hasn't been too defined, at least not since Frida took over, it feels like) is something that's kinda going against the current flow of fashion. Maybe there's gonna be a change of pace, with Tom Ford making waves again, and a very heated discussion about sexuality in fashion. In that case, I think Vauthier would do good at Gucci. But he's still not the whole package, I feel.

Look, whoever takes over, just please don't let it be Altuzarra. That's all I ask of you, Kering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianCouture View Post
I think the whole thing is kind of sad actually. I kind of liked what Frida was doing. That being said, I would love to see Peter Dundas take over Gucci.
That'd be amazing. If he wasn't doing so good at Pucci, I would've wanted to see that.

Last edited by StoneSkipper; 12-12-2014 at 11:29 AM.
12-12-2014
Wanderlust

I don't think Scognamiglio is right for the job. His work feels extremely heavy and slightly over-worked at times.

I still don't completely get people saying that Tom Ford is ALL about sex. I think, more than anything, he was sensual and slightly romantic at times. Sex was in there, but I don't think that's all it was. And, honestly, there's nothing wrong with sex.

12-12-2014
Oh Yeah!

Dundas for Gucci sounds promising.

12-12-2014
front row

What a great news!!!

12-12-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Dundas for Gucci
Seriously? He is good at Pucci but he is doing that 70's thing for years now. He did it at Cavalli, Ungaro and Pucci.
I like him at Pucci but he doesn't have that extra thing to stay at Gucci..

12-12-2014
fashion insider

I'm just gonna throw a random name out there and say Kris Van Assche

12-12-2014
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Frida brought back what was needed at the brand at the time, which was the right balance between fashion authority and heritage, but now I think we probably need more daring shows,” Mr. Pinault said. “If I knew exactly what we needed creatively, I would do it myself!”

He said he and Mr. Bizzarri, the incoming chief executive officer, have started the search for her successor and hope to name a designer in early March.

nytimes

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

While we're tossing out names...

Sharon Wauchob, please. She has the sexiness (in an age where everyone is doing prude oversized looks), the maturity, and most importantly the talent.

12-12-2014
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
nytimes
This makes me extremely happy to hear.

12-12-2014
windowshopping

I might be in the minority here, but I feel a bit sad by this news!

Despite her recent misses, I must say I really enjoyed her earlier collections (2007-2008 was gold). Also, I must say her menswear always impressed me.

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see what happens next!

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

I want Olivier Theyskens. For some reason I think he would be a perfect fit, he could bring back the dark and romantic in Gucci and modernize the brand a hell lot. Marios Schwab is a good suggestion, too, he has similar qualities and is still too much under the radar considering how talented he is. I don't like the Tisci and Altuzarra rumors, yikes.

Frida's entire tenure was completely unremarkable to me, I won't miss her one bit. I'm totally ready for a change at Gucci!

12-12-2014
V.I.P.

I'm putting Antonio Berardi in as a nominee. He's perfect for Gucci.

12-12-2014
fashion insider

They're out of their coked-up minds if Altuzarra is actually even a passing thought to replace Frida.

Unless all he's doing is posing naked like Yves in every campaign and in every show-- both men's and women's, and not allowed anywhere near the studio to design... Good looks is all that guy's got. And for those that think Tom Ford is dated, my god-- Altuzarra is copying-and-pasting Tom's dated looks and passing them off as his own.

I'm all for Olivier: He's got the swoon-worthy looks and the serious skills to get the business done. And unlike the others, he's not stuck in a rut with much still left in him.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
confirmed, di, fida, ford, frida, giannini, gucci, leave, leaving, marco, patrizio, returning, tom, updated