How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-02-2013
fashion insider

Thank you Scott, it gets progressively better and better! I will look for the knits and the outerwear is brilliant....they really distilled the essence of AFV in many of these. I haven't seen this featured in the main press, pity.

24-02-2013
Stitch:the Hand

i think the lack of attention is purely because they don't play by the system rules. they're not using this for some market-driven pre-fall collection. i like that.....it's very self-preserving in that they prefer do this on their terms but still able to produce work that they can sell more of. it's about finding that balance between commerce and independence. i think if more designers did it this way we may actually get back on a more integral track again.

24-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i think the lack of attention is purely because they don't play by the system rules. they're not using this for some market-driven pre-fall collection. i like that.....it's very self-preserving in that they prefer do this on their terms but still able to produce work that they can sell more of. it's about finding that balance between commerce and independence. i think if more designers did it this way we may actually get back on a more integral track again.
This is quite accessible, priced in the hundreds, and the current collection is the strongest I've seen yet. The past collections for A. Friend were more generic. I haven't seen these in person myself, do they sport the same red cross? Unfortunately, the main press doesn't cover Berlin, or much of AFV.

25-02-2013
Stitch:the Hand

on their web shop it's just a white strip of material with their signature military stamp typography 'A. FRIEND' in that same monochrome red they use for their cross. but no cross. but they do seem to use it for their 'fetish'(footwear) collection and 'nightfall'.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, af, f or w, friend, lookbook, vandevorst