How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2012
rising star

One word: INCREDIBLE!!!!

This is the first time I liked very much a Gareth Pugh collection! All the looks looked completely flawless and unbelievably beautiful! I hope he makes more collections like this!

28-09-2012
fashion insider

i adore this!
i always liked his collections, but somehow other collections seemed more remarkable to me during paris fashion week. his collections, for me, were always 'drowned' by cdg, margiela, yamamoto, dries, haider ackermann and all the others i look forward to when fashion week starts, but this time it'll be different, i think. a standout collection!

(but then again, there's so much more to come within the next couple of days, so lets see... )

28-09-2012
trendsetter

Pleasantly surprised, bravo Gareth. LOVE this.

29-09-2012
scenester

Yes! Very Gothic filipiniana

29-09-2012
rising star

For his past few collections I've been quite unsure about the direction that Gareth was going. I've always seen something special in his vision, but I hadn't really felt a strong connection with what he was presenting. This collection has completely changed my mind. It is so much more sophisticated, refined, yet still maintains the GP vision. I love the makeup, veils and needle hair pins, they almost look like halos. The beautiful draped necks and soft flowing dresses are just amazing. His use of leather that is delicate, elegant yet still strong is really nice to see.

The bell bottom ruffles do look stunning on the runway and are such an interesting concept combining pants and delicate flowing ruffles like a dress. Though in general I'm not so fond of all the ruffles. In an interview Gareth mentioned how he was influenced by Spain and the flamenco, and you can really see the strength and elegance that dance entails in this collection.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, gareth, paris, pugh, s or s