Gareth Pugh S/S 2016 London - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
19-09-2015
V.I.P.

It's so bad and creepy that I love it.

19-09-2015
V.I.P.

It was kinda nice to see him break free from his usual darkness for a change, and I quite like the Leigh Bowery, Chelsea clublife vibe. I just wish the clothes were... better. One of the qualities of Gareth is that his clothes are always a spectacle, so rich of craftsmanship. But this time they looked so cheap, so lazy. A bummer.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
19-09-2015
V.I.P.

I love Devine so the hair and makeup don't do much to me. It's good he's going back to his fun, off-Saint Martins days, I missed it.

19-09-2015
fashion elite

19-09-2015
V.I.P.

I'm surprised to see color from his collection. Still he's one of the best of London designer.

20-09-2015
V.I.P.

I really like it

V.I.P.

like the red at the beginning
but wow - them's some creepy faces.
wow....

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
20-09-2015
fashion icon

I looks like something The Blonds would present

20-09-2015
Some Like It Hot

There was such an equal mix of integrity and wearability from him here - there was an underlying theme here but when broken down there is ultimately a customer for this, believe it or not and the fact that he did venture out of his comfort zone in creating something somewhat close to the edge in an almost clown-from-saw and the injection of colour was great. I'm never normally one to really have his shows stuck in my head but after watching his lifestream last night it has been stuck in my head. I loved how it still felt quite raw at the same time too, it wasn't too polished and perfect.

I did also love the soundtrack.

20-09-2015
trendsetter

Reminds me of Galliano and I'm not completely sure how I feel about the whole collection because I wasn't anticipating something like this. I think the hair and makeup is so shocking that is detracts from the clothes and although not as good as his F/W, this is very wearable so maybe that's what Pugh is aiming for.

20-09-2015
front row

I love the sadness and melancholic vibes that emanate from this - despite all the strutting and attitude and sequins , there is an incredible underlying sadness, as if it was the aftermath of some incredible event that is finally over..the music s great as well . not sure what he intended with this show but I just find it incredibly moving

20-09-2015
V.I.P.

I was shocked when all that red came on the runway, didn't expect that at all. It's a more wearable collection than usual, but also less rich/refined, some outfits were cheap, especially the sequins/coins looked cheap. Liked the white outfits. The masks were almost scary. Overall I'm ambivalent, his previous collection was more special, more grand.

http://fashionworldstuff.

[QUOTE=Koibito;13295703] the masks also remind me of Margiela. QUOTE]

Sure, but maybe they are simply a Little bit similar...
Gareth Pugh made a perfect show and the collection is great. He can be sure in Paris, why not. And in this case everybody will like it.
His statement was:
"It was like falling down a rabbit hole. There were such feelings of euphoria, of danger, and of possibility. I guess that's what this collection is about. A place where you feel like anything can happen."

If i don't mistake this collection is an homage to Soho.

21-09-2015
tfs star

I love Pugh but I sure prefer his "darker" work. Some things look nice here, like the red start but then it just collapses. And the end is a mess. Who wears sequins, anyway? It is the ugliest material ever. No one wants to look like a disco ball. It's so wearable, commercial and lacking edginess.

The masks are the only thing I could recognize from his genius.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, gareth, london, pugh, s or s