Giambattista Valli Haute Couture S/S 2015 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2015
Hell on Heels

i find this to be terribly tacky, overdone and just plain ugly. those taffeta suits covered by tons of tulle are walking nightmares.
for some reason, this is the only look that's really working for me, i really like it. everything else makes my eyes hurt

27-01-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
I mean this is almost Jason Wu territory.
he has been verging off to that lately and jason wu is more innovative than him right now..

V.I.P.

He just doesn't know when to stop. Everything always looks so overwrought. Look at the heaps of embroideries and flower appliqués and tulle and more flowers and ARGH! It's way too much. It's clear to me that he thinks Couture is just about big gowns and lots of fabric. Has he ever heard of "less is more"? Last season was so great because it was much simpler and he left the tulle in small doses.

27-01-2015
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Another one bites the dust. During the first few years I thought he was a really fresh and welcome addition to the Couture, but now he became such a boring parody of french bourgeois. I mean this is almost Jason Wu territory.
I think GV, as others have done before (Karl Lagerfeld or Elie Saab) has sacrificed innovation and experimentation for sales. GV has become a big HC brand in the last 4-5 years with many rich loyal customers - that ask for the same floral patterns and silhouettes season after season.

In any case, I like some of the dresses of the second part of the show, even though they could have belonged to previous seasons.

V.I.P.

While quite conservative and nothing new or revolutionary, many things are still very pretty. Like Elie Saab and yes, Jason Wu.

I'll never forget his first HC collection though.

27-01-2015
V.I.P.

Love everything but the last few looks. They feel so heavy and overthought. The styling could also have been a bit easier.

27-01-2015
tfs star

I really miss his old collections. I think with him doing RTW and another diffusion line, he sort of now wants to really differentiate the couture collection and make it really over the top. His old collections were controlled, even some big ball gowns are precise and perfect.

27-01-2015
V.I.P.

I don't think it's a total mess, although there's just too many thing going on in this collection.

Does he really think people will wanna wear this? I see it difficult to translate to a life beyond the catwalk

backstage pass

Those last gowns remind me of Christian Siriano, but they look much worse. I love ballgown in couture but those are hideous. It's a shame, his older couture collections were lovely

30-01-2015
fashion elite

www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, couture, giambattista, haute, paris, s or s, valli