Giambattista Valli Haute Couture S/S 2017 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2017
backstage pass

I could point out exact looks from other designer's collections that appeared in this show, but that would take far too long. This lacks any speck of creativity, originality or actual imagination and tries to make up for that by piling on excessive fluff. It's horrible!

24-01-2017
front row

Terrible! No design-value whatsoever!!

I retract what I said in the Chanel thread that this was a solid Couture week! It's definitely not! Only Chanel and Versace have done a good job so far, and theirs were so strong I thought it could whittle out the ghastliness of the others.

I kinda find it insulting to the clients that houses these days are churning out repetitive work! Do they actually think that their clients, no matter how faithful, would pay massive amounts of money for dresses that they might already have in their closets from previous seasons!? How many tulle dresses, with the same silhouette, does one client need? Designers really need to focus on their clients and less on the instagram-coverage they might be getting!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, couture, giambattista, haute, paris, s or s, valli