How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

Giorgio Armani Designs for Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way Ball' Tour
From karlismyunkle.com

Quote:
Giorgio Armani and Lady Gaga have teamed up once more (the first time being the 2010 Grammys and then the Monster Ball plus various other occasions) for a select number of looks for the Born This Way Ball tour, which kicks off in Seoul on April 27. The custom Giorgio Armani wardrobe created for Gaga is characterized by extreme forms and futuristic materials – latex, metal, studs, PVC.

karlismyunkle.com

Last edited by agee; 20-04-2012 at 11:55 AM.

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

From Armani Press Release via fashionista and karlismyunkle.com (images):

The first design includes a black bodice made of tubular PVC elements connected with metal studs, with mirrored metal inserts to define a curvaceous design. The ensemble is highlighted by a matching headpiece, robotic thigh-high boots, and exaggerated gloves ending in mirrored nails.

Another look is created via a shiny black grid-patterned PVC bodice with matching headpiece and embroidered ankle boots. Highlights include shoulders outlined by a play of sharp spikes, black Swarovski jet crystals and flowing fringe, creating a moving architecture.

On the third black bodice, transparent Plexiglas, black crystals and luminous studs create a Cubist composition of abstract guitars. The matching headpiece follows in the shape of a keyboard; the boots are black vinyl.

The final design is a long tunic with leg-o-mutton sleeves made of skin-toned latex. Luminous PVC elements create flashes of synthetic light inside the garment. The same avant garde lighting is featured on the triangle decorating the chest, on the headpiece, and on the platform of the matching latex ankle boots.

20-04-2012
tfs star

Latex? Metal? Studs? PVC? Unless those are only outer garment that break away from the body to reveal something else, absolutely none of those items look like they'd be suitable for performing under a high-energy concert under hot spotlights.

20-04-2012
barcode

I was thinking about this after I had read the announcement yesterday; the two of them are so utterly different and yet they seem to work really, really well together. You wouldn't think a classical purist like Armani would even know what to do with someone like Lady Gaga and yet...the end result is pretty awesome.

20-04-2012

No doubt the result of a Nicola Formichetti consultancy, as well...

fashion insider

Wow! Impressive!

21-04-2012
tfs star

well , the sketches look so Gaga !

21-04-2012
chaos reigns

Honestly Im being very pleasantly surprised by what Mr Armani has been churning down lately ... he is not boring anymore and he seems very good at it.

I esp like his Privé stuff but this isnt bad.

backstage pass

I wouldn't have expected this to turn out so well... Although I'm not her fan, I see some great fashion in here. Wondering how they will look when they're done, especially the one with the piano, violin, etc.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
armani, ball, born, designs, gaga, giorgio, lady, tour