How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-07-2006
windowshopping

giorgio armani's key element
i suppose every design house will their own kind of element which acts like a mascot. say for gucci, they have that 'G' like chains and that green, red and brown lines. for burberry, they have those brown black red patterns.

i haven't get to find out what's giorgio's armani's key element to their branding. can anyone tell me?

i actually needed this for an assignment.
thanks

17-07-2006
front row

For Armani, it is a little more difficult. He has a "GA" logo and an Eagle designation (at least on the Emporio lines), but in terms of something that screams Armani, it's a little tougher. To be honest, I'd say it is more a color scheme, especially fabrics/textures in the Armani "Greige" (the mix between grey and beige). Whenever I see Greige, I always think of Armani.

John

17-07-2006
front row

a key armani look is a really fitted jacket with well tailored but loose fitting pants.

http://threerepute.blogspot.com
17-07-2006
fashion icon

you need to rent and watch "American Gigolo"
and the read chapter about its relation to Armani in Terri Agin's "The End of Fashion"

you'll get an A.

17-07-2006
windowshopping

Giorgio Armani's key elements I know in mens wear, is in the sense he believes they should be dressed in either lighter colors or darker colors, he beleives that men should elegant and that mens fashion has changed so much that now a days men can wear a t-shirt and bermudas with 5 pockets and still look elegant.
http://men.style.com/fashion/style_n...6/video/armani

18-07-2006
windowshopping

Yes I do agree with the rest of people who have posted a to this topic that armani's key element's is bit tricky, but nevertheless I'll try to give my personal view to this debate.
I think with Armani it's the usage of light/dark colours, by dark I mean blue/grey/black, by light beige/natural white and so on... I have rarely seen any lipstick red jackets in any of his shops, so you could say that it's his moderate & well thought use of colours. I also find Armani's key elements to be more physical than visual. Gucci's G & Burberry's infamous cloth pattern are both very visual based element's, when with Armani it's the feeling & comfort that you receive when wearing some of his suites or blazers. The softeness of the fabric, the cuts & finally well balanced clothes.
Everytime I use GA suite it does stand out of the crowd, perhaps not because of colouring but because it's simply a pleasure to wear so well tailored suite.

scenester

not sure about the key fashion element, but in the armani beauty line most of the perfumes and cosmetics components (lipstick tubes, foundation bottles, concealer wand, etc) have the same shape - perfectly circular top with a slight concave and curves in in the center of the piece, like a person's figure. even the compacts have that concave center on the top. it is difficult to explain, but on the website you can see what i mean. i think it is a pretty signature element.

www.giorgioarmanicosmetics.com

18-07-2006
windowshopping

the tailoring and construction. he's reknowned for his meticulous/genious construction. and the colors he uses, as mentioned above. that's what i've come to understand, anyway. i could be wrong

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
armani, element, giorgio, key