How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2011
rising star

**no model talk, please**
I think this is actually quite refreashing, no feathers, no giant pants,
the shapes are very nice,

Last edited by MulletProof; 06-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.

06-03-2011
front row

Feel the same way as I felt about the menswear. He is very talented when it comes to working with print, but those panthers are horrible.
Ignoring them and the furry glasses, there are some really nice pieces there. Love the jackets and the shoes. The hats look kind of cute here, considering I hated the men's ones.
Good, but not what I wanted and not why I love Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy collections.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
The prints seem as an attempt to challenge the viewer with ugliness that you are supposed to like later, but I just cannot get into it. It did get slightly better closer to the end, but it's not that nice, unfortunately. Sorry Tisci.

I am left very confused with how much the separation between HC and PAP at Givenchy really is. Tisci can design some of the most beautiful haute couture collections ever, but then you see some of his PAP collections and wonder what happened.
indeed his HC and PAP collections are getting more schizophrenically disparate by the season lol. but i actually understand this collection as well as the menswear which i loved, oddly enough.. i feel like the prints are Tisci's way of exploring the violent, feral side of animals, and of the beauty he finds in them. it wouldn't necessarily work with everyone but this is as goth as he can get, and it sure works for me

V.I.P.

This is not my favorite collection from him, but it's really cool and something different. Especially towards the end this collection turns out to be incredibly amazing. The accessories look very nice, but the shoes seem quite painful to walk in.

06-03-2011
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
I hated the menswear collection and this is similar to that. Obviously I hate this, then.
The prints seem as an attempt to challenge the viewer with ugliness that you are supposed to like later, but I just cannot get into it. It did get slightly better closer to the end, but it's not that nice, unfortunately. Sorry Tisci.
same here. i sometimes feel like that with prada. upon first look im like 'what are those prints' but then i end up loving it. this doesnt look like something i can grow to love cause like you've stated, i already hated the menswear prints and all and i've never changed my mind. this is horrible. some of the skirts look even cheap.

and LOL the glasses, is this a big joke on us, riccardo?

nowfashion.com

06-03-2011
fashion insider

This was soo 90s, bomber jackets and mini skirts with thigh high boots, fluffy sweaters....this was soo Clueless....this was the best part of the 90!

The Prints were soo exciting, I know these clothes are ganna fly off the shelves

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

It looks like those people that think they're goth but are actually scene. It's very similar to mens collection, and that's exactly why I don't like it.
The only thing I REALLY love is the staging, with those beautiful purple flowers and the green plant arches, and those cuuuuuuute cat-eared caps. Otherwise, I don't like it at all. It's just so try hard and "OH LOOK AT MY PANTHURZZZZZZ".
BTW, those naked girls on the T-shirts - necessary?

Last edited by StoneSkipper; 06-03-2011 at 03:47 PM.
06-03-2011
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
It looks like those people that think they're goth but are actually scene. It's very similar to mens collection, and that's exactly why I don't like it.
exactly. i don't really see the 'goth' in here. especially since it's riccardo tisci we're talking about and he knows a thing or two about how to do gothic looks properly

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

some nice pieces, love the shoes but overall not in love with this givenchy collection for the first time

06-03-2011
fashion insider

I really loved the all black looks. The patent leather, the fur, the tulle underskirts, it's all stunning to me. I loved the pin-up prints, but the rest of them were hit or miss. Overall it was a lovely collection.

06-03-2011
front row

I really like the 5th look...
the colors are fab

I appreciate it, but I just hope for next collections he will go past this route, at least a bit...

06-03-2011
front row

Incredibly gimmicky.
He was trying to achieve the same frenzy as Miuccia's "banana-monkey" baroque.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

cool prints!

V.I.P.

very bold move...i luv it!

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

So disappointed with the direction he is going in the last few seasons. First the disastrous Spring 2011 collection and now this utterly confused offering? What is happening to him?

He is in charge of one of the greatest ateliers in Paris and has access to the most talented craftsmen in the world - and he gives us this?! Cheap fabrics, downtown Los Angeles criminals wear and jaguar prints?! Givenchy would cry if he saw what Tisci had done with his legacy!

A very strange proposition from Tisci this season; some of the collection is bordering on farcical. I find it hard to believe customers will flock to wearing these prints. Givenchy is not in the vein of designers like Marc Jacobs or Prada who can humour its customer base with odd / strange prints / ideas. I don't know why he is trying to go in this direction. To me, collections based on gimmick equal sacrificing the name for profit, as those kind of pieces are so clearly aimed at selling to a younger, fast-paced generation of women / girls.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, givenchy, paris