Givenchy F/W 2018.19 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-03-2018
fashion elite

Rianneís coat is amazing! And the menswear has seen a bigger improvement for sure?

04-03-2018
tfs star

Great collection!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
*And the fur is faux, so that keeps that debate from ruining this thread.
Oh thank god.

Cause I really like this collection. So many amazing things to see. She's really proving to be an great designer. Happy for her.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

Sorry but this looks so dated. Like straight from 2006. I'm trying to like her Givenchy but the design level is so basic. It's not not ugly, but it's just bland. Zero appeal and desire.

04-03-2018
front row

I was very emotional at the end of the show. Her tenure finally hits me. The 3 last dresses are exquisite.

Its not the most groundbreaking or challenging thing that I ever saw, the menswear its very weak and at the day its a very decent collection, but with this show I finally get what she trying to do, its almost like I could fell all her love in doing clothes, so I like it lot.

I think that in time like ours where everything have to be fast and profitable at the same time we forget that we have time to the creative minds in this industry.

04-03-2018
fashion insider

I knew she could pull off after that last Couture collection. So sleek and dark and cinematic wow. Better than Tisci sorry.

edt: Check out the videos, you have to see these gowns moving.

Last edited by Vitamine W; 04-03-2018 at 02:53 PM.
04-03-2018
V.I.P.

Much better than last season.

04-03-2018
fashion icon

Itís funny, I loved her couture debut but her RTW does nothing for me. They arenít bad clothes at all, but to me it seems like a big pile of.. nothing.

04-03-2018
Oh Yeah!

One of the best this season.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Sorry but this looks so dated. Like straight from 2006. I'm trying to like her Givenchy but the design level is so basic. It's not not ugly, but it's just bland. Zero appeal and desire.
I know fashion is about moving forward, but I honestly liked that era of fashion so no complaints from me.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohji View Post
I know fashion is about moving forward, but I honestly liked that era of fashion so no complaints from me.
Same, same.

Better than this try hard BS that everyone else has been putting out the last 5+ years for buzz on social media and to appeal to the youth.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

This is very late 90ís early 00ís Jean Colonna type of things. A bit Dark with that underground feel.
On the paper itís everything I like but something is off.
I love the fur and some pieces but itís weird. Riccardoís vision really came through after 4 RTW so iíll give her time.

Itís good that she is not interested in Riccardoís Tenure but she needs more personality.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

It's kind of a mess after the fur coats, but she comes back by the black and white looks 'til the finish. Very appealing.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

There are some really, genuinely nice pieces in here (almost a first for me this season), but something about the presentation makes the whole affair feel a bit...drab? I'm not sure. Not CWG's biggest fan, but she managed to almost create a small, quiet cult around her at Chloe, so I have no doubt she'll slowly do the same here and interested to see where Givenchy goes.

04-03-2018
front row

I understand the two sides of the coin here. On one hand, some of these are quite basic, borderline Zara-ish in terms of design, and not that exciting, especially after Tisci's bombastic tenure. However, this collection is one of the chicest and most Parisienne out of the many that have shown this past week. It's more faithful to the house's original aesthetic, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hubert himself will like this more than what Riccardo has shown.

I quite like it, and it's certainly better than what many have offered this past month.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, givenchy, paris