Givenchy F/W 2018.19 Paris - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
1 Week Ago
backstage pass
i dont like this. Given that it is not ugly at all, it is soul less to me. I guess her definition of gothic and dark is a dark runway, that"s all.

It is not hard to design, pretty, well-liked clothes with nice color combis etc, but this is givenchy, and you had amazing designers helming the house before this, so no, run of the mill mediocrity is not acceptable.

Last edited by vetements; 1 Week Ago at 08:58 PM.
1 Week Ago
fashion insider
Beautiful, chic, and sexy. J'adore!

1 Week Ago
It's not entirely a hit for me but it's definitely one of the best collections of this lackluster season.

I think her strength, which is women's tailoring, can be a double-edged sword. At times, the more austere it looks, the more it comes off like something Zara would churn out. But thankfully often times, it's sensual and definitely feels grown-up (God knows in the sea of juvenile offerings from Gucci, Balenciaga, and now, Prada, sophistication is a rarity nowadays).

Her take on strict silhouette is a lot more wearable than say, Karl's at Fendi but while the latter always finds a way to imbue a sense of playfulness with the aforementioned silhouette, Clare's is alternately sleek and drab. Hence a tendency to still get inconsistent. I mean, literally, this show can go either way: invigorates you or puts you to sleep.

Aside from tailoring, I'm also a fan of her other experimentations: the printed dresses and metallically pleated frocks for the finale. They provide me with two contrasting elements that she should develop more in the future, either altogether or separately: exuberance and structure.

I could care less about the menswear but appreciate some of her attempts at clashed prints and leather trousers. They don't necessarily work, but they're far from what I consider ugly.

Overall, this show signifies a path of evolvement which gets me excited to see what she has in store next.

Last edited by Ken Doll Jenner; 1 Week Ago at 11:53 PM.
1 Week Ago
After Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy this all look so dated and boring.
For me it is to see and to forget.
Nothing is desiderable , agree with Marc10.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Fashionstuff View Post
After Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy this all look so dated and boring.
For me it is to see and to forget.
Nothing is desiderable , agree with Marc10.
I agree! It's almost like it's designed by a robot. It's so soulless and devoid of emotion. Everything is cut well but where is the personality?

1 Week Ago
Not really interested in any of the faux fur pieces but the rest of it is fantastic. It's nothing groundbreaking but the beauty is in the luxe simplicity of it. The menswear is forgettable but it could be worse (Saint Laurent by Vaccarello comes to mind).

I also really respect the fact that she hasn't tried to emulate her predecessor Riccardo even though his formula was highly successful for the house. The Givenchy woman/man is changing and it looks quite promising at the moment.

1 Week Ago
Exquisite collection. The coats at the beginning are very appealing even if I'm not so much into fur in general (I know it's faux here). Especially loving the prints as seen on Kiki Willems, Kat Hessen and Fran Summers. And that gorgeous trench coat on Shanelle Nyasiase!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

f or w, givenchy, paris