How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2011
front row

who made the headpieces?

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

^probably Saban

i'm rarely urged to cry and have never actually cried over clothes, but trust me, if i would have been to the presentation and been suddenly presented with the clothes, the details, the embroidery, his take on feathers (embroidering wings and feathers instead of actual feathers), i would have needed a moment to recompose myself. it's sheer beauty.

if only Tisci would do something similar for his Pret a Porter and menswear... i would be all over a japanese inspired Nightingale, i'm not even joking.

i don't even mind the plastic zippers here and there. if anything, i think they add to the clothes in terms of versatility. imagine being able to use the top part of a dress as a jacket! besides, they add a quirky touch.

with beauty of this magnitude, the Pret a Porter can only disappoint.

25-01-2011
fashion elite

Loved!

windowshopping

Tisci,Tisci...
I adore the way he worked with this theme!!)

25-01-2011
front row

am i the only one that didnt like the collection? the headpieces were just so odd... and the random blotches of neon color on the back of the gowns was completely off-putting for me. Not a fan of this season

25-01-2011
windowshopping

I cant even put into words how amazing this collection is.

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

I really, really, really want to love this but I can't. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

25-01-2011
windowshopping

I think back is "Wow" element))

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

Altough this collection is very similar to previous one, I like it! The details are so gorgeous. And I love also the Asian cast!

25-01-2011
front row

This collection is amazing. The group photo is divine!

barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Hmmm....I'm really not crazy about this. I like the three gowns on the far right, but I'm not dying for anything else really. And I absolutely HATE the hats.
And here I thought I was the only one who was underwhelmed.

I mean I think each of the garments are extremely beautiful, and it's a given that the workmanship is stunningly executed but honestly these pieces blur together. Those three looks on the far right are nearly the same except for the way the jackets are cut and folded and the way the pink embroidery is lain out on the backs. They're all paired with skirts that have minimal differences between them. The two lilac gowns look like variations on one dress, if that makes any sense, like they were two drafts of the same design. I hate the sense that there's really only three or four designs here that have been rearranged and reconfigured on the surface to make up ten finished looks, rather than ten distinct designs. If you're going to whittle down a collection to just ten looks I really think that each should be it's own thing, unique while still relating to the inspiration.

And the hats are beyond silly looking, very amateurish.

Last edited by Spike413; 25-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.
25-01-2011
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
And here I thought I was the only one who was underwhelmed.

I mean I think each of the garments are extremely beautiful, and it's a given that the workmanship is stunningly executed but honestly these pieces blur together. I mean those three looks on the far right are nearly the same except for the way the jackets are cut and folded and the way the pink embroidery is lain out on the backs. They're all paired with skirts that have minimal differences between them. The two lilac gowns look like variations on one dress, if that makes any sense, like they were two drafts of the same design. I hate the sense that there's really only three or four designs here that have been rearranged and reconfigured on the surface to make up ten finished looks, rather than ten distinct designs. If you're going to whittle down a collection to just ten looks I really think that each should be it's own thing, unique while still relating to the inspiration.

And the hats are beyond silly looking, very amateurish.
I agree completely. I can appreciate each piece as a work of extreme craftsmanship...and I can only imagine what it would be like to see these garments up close. However...while these elements can make a garment incredibly beautiful, if the overall design itself is inherently flawed, even thousands of hours of handwork cannot save it.

I'm really losing my enthusiasm for Tisci these days. I feel like he's gotten very full of himself and his designs have suffered greatly. When every critic was out for his head early in his tenure at Givenchy, his collections were breathtaking, brave, gutsy and felt fiercely personal. Not only that, but there was variety! Dresses, separates, suits, etc. He's fallen into a formula here...this season and last season's Haute Couture as well - take a floor length tulle dress and embroider it within an inch of its life and call it a day.

And these hats? I'm just at a loss for words. He's done extreme hats before...Spring/Summer 2007 Haute Couture? Those hats were wild, but felt so appropriate. These samurai hats look absolutely ridiculous and are unforgivable.

V.I.P.

My favorite is the lavender gown on Tao.

25-01-2011
backstage pass

It's super amazing ....WOW WOW WOW
After the mens show it's just blow me away. I know it's looks similar to the last collection, and it reminds me Burberry, since Christopher have applying different thing on the same silhouette and ppl keeps loving it...So can Tiscci, I love the last two HC show it just blow me away with the details. It's purely Couture. It's not just about crazy stuffs but beauty also. U spend million of dollars to look gorgeous or crazy, right ? Keep going tiscci I think u are on the right track.

V.I.P.

blown away best of couture by a long shot

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, couture, givenchy, haute, paris, s or s