How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2011
fashion insider

Beautiful and straight to the point. I could turn my eye from a few pieces, (those skirts hoisted over by a chain) but overall I like that the tailoring is visually evident throughout the collection.

TWITTER:

03-10-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
Am I the only one who feels like I'm looking at the same thing over and over again? Beyond that first great outfit with the flounce, there's NOTHING else. The other interesting outfits are variations on the exact same flounced peplum front. And those "skirts" hanging by a chain are really stupid.
^ Erhm...yeah....If this would have been shown by Aquilano & Rimondi or Costume N. they would have been slayed. I'm so disappointed by this, I wanted to have a fashion moment...........
but of course everybody is fawning over this.

trendsetter

this is a money maker collection for LVMH

03-10-2011
less is more

Finally a Givenchy rtw collection that I actually like after all the seasons of embarrassment. I like the influence that minimalism has had on this; so clean and beautifully tailored. And best casting this season too.

03-10-2011
Mr. Magic

Review by Cathy Horyn from nytimes

Quote:
As for Givenchy, I thought Riccardo Tisci did a good job sticking to a sharp, sexy message. The show had a tenacious quality, rather, in fact, like a shark — one of the sea creatures that served as a reference. Yet Mr. Tisci didn’t overplay the water-world element, despite what I expected from the press notes, nor did he get hung up on the rock of drippy romance. (Admittedly I wanted to take scissors to the dangly bits on a few dresses. Seaweed-inspired or mermaid? Does it matter?) Shark, eel, stingray and sea wolf were among the textural materials, but you were more aware of how things worked in unison with the neutral palette and the confident attitude.

Of course, it helps when your show opens with Natalia Vodianova, closes with Gisele Bundchen and includes Frankie Rayder and Karolina Kurkova. Many of the opening dresses and close-fitting jackets suggested skin-diving gear, with back flaps, or were cut on the curve and banded in satin or some other material. When Mr. Tisci did ruffles, he made them look graphically extreme, cluttering the fronts of blouses or the edge of a jacket. Also strong were slim olive skirts and matching polo shirts in leopard-spotted sea wolf.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

03-10-2011
MON
V.I.P.

It`s a complete opposite of Last season`s dark gothic collection - which I love! Everything is just so beautiful! The cuts, the lace, colors and the simplicity it brings. This is Givenchy at its simplest best.

███████████████

Tisci go more simple this seasson

03-10-2011
rising star

There are many things I love about this collection:

1. The fact that the show set (and from what i can sense, that atmosphere as well) is not as glitzy as before - shows that the house has the ability to be different every season, to not always give off the same feel so that they can always spark excitement

2. (OF COURSE) The clothes - simple, sleek, and elegant! The adjective I used not only described what Givenchy is as a fashion trademark, but also it's most famous muse - Audrey Hepburn, and it's new aesthetic ever since Mr. Tisci introduces this grand house to the 21st century! At first glance, one can mistake this as an A. Wang show, but the clothes themselves contain an elegant aura that is common with French tailoring and Parisian style!

*No model talk in D&C*

One last thing to say about Tisci : BRAVA!!!

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 03-10-2011 at 07:53 AM.
03-10-2011
V.I.P.

No video yet?

03-10-2011
windowshopping

Breathtaking collection!

V.I.P.

i like this freshened up take on his RTW classics. this is getting closer to his Haute Couture offerings, which are sheer beauty.

i only have some small issues with the..... uhm..... 'vagina' blouses. mostly cause they look odd.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Perfection.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i only have some small issues with the..... uhm..... 'vagina' blouses. mostly cause they look odd.
my thoughts exactly!

fashion elite

Givenchy | Spring Summer 2012 | Preview/Full Edited Show | Exclusive on You Tube

.my prison is your brain.

I'm clearly not seeing what everyone else is seeing... All I see is bad tailoring and weird cuts: bulky ruffles, those weird shirt tails on the pants that are absolutely ridiculous, the reversed racer-back dress which exposes boobs, awkwardly cut shorts on girls with gorgeous legs. It was a beautiful collection when I viewed in in motion, but in those HQ pics I really wonder what it would look like in "real life" on a "real" person. There's obviously a lot of beautiful things happening, the fabrics, the detailing, the color palette, the sleek footwear... but I'm too leery about the bad to appreciate the good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, givenchy, paris, s or s