How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

Nowfashion

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

Nowfashion

V.I.P.

Quote:
“THIS is modern day romanticism,” Gucci creative director Frida Giannini told us, by way of explanation for her autumn/winter 2012-13 collection. Romantic, yes – and dark without being sinister, despite the fact that there was barely enough light in there to even see the girls. We’d walked into a plush, dark plum carpeted catwalk which reminded us all of Christopher Kane’s show and all the fun of the London fashion fair last week – but this didn’t look like it was going to be light-hearted.

It was good-looking though – combining Gucci’s signature moneyed attitude with hard military lines and a touch of dandy grace: flat heeled riding boots, wide cut, cropped jackets with gold buttons and softly belted velvet smoking jackets, with plenty more velvet making up appliqué flowers on translucent chiffon and lace blouses, long skirts split at the back, riding trousers that flounced wide over each thigh, and very slightly glittering leopard print full length column dresses.

The palette barely ventured from black – and when it did, barely so. Dresses and skirts smothered in feathers had an inky glow; purple, burgundy, navy, forest green, dark olive and brown subtly eased out of the black, while the models’ hair - pulled back in two twisted strands either side of their forehead - gave the collection an innocent, nymph-like atmosphere despite the luxury androgyny on show.

Wide genie pants worn with tunic dresses and Seventies style low-waisted billowing chiffon dresses, worn with simple heeled sandals, provided a taster of daywear, before silk dresses featuring barely there floral prints of fading tulips or pale yellow flowers were fanned stiffly at the hem which spiralled the body.

Finally, a beautiful array of jewelled chiffon evening gowns appeared one after another - their embellishments in dark green or purple encrusting the entire bodice or simply gathering at the shoulder and hip and leaving the back bare. It might be too big a statement to wear on the Oscars red carpet, but we’d love to see somebody try.
vogue.co.uk

fashion elite

i would say i love 1/2 of it and i hate 1/2 of it. this is really weird. i usually either love or hate a collection but im really torn on this one... i think i need to see the whole collection before i form a solid opinion.

22-02-2012
fashion insider

This isn't gaudy enough to remind me of Tom Ford.

V.I.P.

Maybe it references to Tom Ford too much but at least this collection is much better than last one. I see a lot of red carpet looks there. It´s very dramatic and dark. Can imagine lot of celebrities in those gowns and think whole collection will sell like a hot cakes...

22-02-2012
fashion icon

The gown on Natasha and the girl after her are GORGEOUS!

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

I am seeing the references, I don't care for the Tom Ford references they look dated but I like the looks that I pegged as Dior and Givenchy references. I give it a thumbs up but I have been more impressed with other recent Gucci collections than this one.

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

Going to get torched here (esp. by men- they looove Tom Ford) but, it's beyond me how you can deliver a Tom Ford collection and not be vulgar? it's not possible, this isn't Tom Ford at all , except perhaps in the fact that someone paid attention to the importance of good editing and beautiful hair and makeup, which this collection has. I don't really ever care for Gucci but I love the look of this, it's the kind of luxury and.. pride I associate the brand with. The palette and textures are so rich and beautifully arranged (kudos to the stylist).

V.I.P.

very dark and very sophisticated..
Oh yes it's my cup of tea!
and I dont smell tom ford here..

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
The gown on Natasha and the girl after her are GORGEOUS!
Totally agree! They're the best ones IMO. Anyway, the whole collection looks good to me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, gucci, milan