Gucci Pre-Fall 2018 - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionstuff View Post
I started to buy only Michele's Gucci and once i started i can't stop anymore, there are so many similar items but always he put new details and it gives me the feeling "i need it".
I think that's it, his charm, I mean. He doesn't just add new appliques to the same silhouette, it's literally a deviation while somehow staying true to his form. I liked the quilted pinafore length cheongsams last winter, this time there's the patterned puffers. For me that's masterful, not monotonous.
I think most of his critics are taken aback by the literal presentation of his collections. Understandably so, but once you step into the store it's a different story.

But even if the clothes were trite, which it isn't, Michele and Luchford's creative contribution to fashion is immeasurable and on another level.

4 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

The collections are less ridiculuous this time and Dio Mio I looooove the setting...but it complements well with the collections

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

If you strip away the tacky flora and fauna prints and bells and whistles there is some really great tailoring here, the best pieces are the simplest, the blue pant suit, checkered dress, the black pantsuit with the hat and the velvet purple dress.

4 Weeks Ago
rising star

There are surprisingly some really nice pieces within this pretty mundane collection.
His biggest problem is that he's a one trick pony.
EVERY collection he's done blends into one another.
At least Frida produced collections with various ideas and themes even if some of the collections were big fails. At least she tried.
This guy has used the same 'Librarian chic' theme for his entire tenure.

C'mon dude. DO. SOMETHING!!!

You can clearly tell he's a painter, not an artist. That's why sales I guess are doing well. It appeals to the masses like Zara or Topshop just more expensive.

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

It's slightly getting less ugly, but I still hate Gucci. (still many ugly things to see here)

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

i don't know if the clothes are beautiful or ugly, cause i can't even bother to see the pics more than 1 second.....it just tooo much for my eyes, it makes me tired

4 Weeks Ago
http://fashionworldstuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiejbob View Post
There are surprisingly some really nice pieces within this pretty mundane collection.
His biggest problem is that he's a one trick pony.
EVERY collection he's done blends into one another.
At least Frida produced collections with various ideas and themes even if some of the collections were big fails
. At least she tried.
This guy has used the same 'Librarian chic' theme for his entire tenure.

C'mon dude. DO. SOMETHING!!!

You can clearly tell he's a painter, not an artist. That's why sales I guess are doing well. It appeals to the masses like Zara or Topshop just more expensive.
Why must he change the winning formula? The people like his collections and it is good , why do always new and and least do it bad?
I think it is not easy to appeal to the masses with money, it is a luxury brand, so this kind of masses want to have something special, with best quality, best design , tailoring, service , ect. This masses can buy stuff from every luxury brand but they like Michele's Gucci, aren't they?

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

He tamed back his fixation with pure tackyness (cartoons, rainbow colored accesories) and it actually looks decent. Still cluttered, still too many logos but in between the misses there are some truly stellar pieces, that corduroy black coat with the dropped shoulders and matching pleated skirt is so charming, one of my favorite looks this year. Makes me hopeful that he can actually improve as a designer.

4 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

It's as fresh as day old bread, but it will sell so job well done?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, gucci, prefall