How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2011
fashion elite

the last 8 dresses look exactly the same

21-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiara 92 View Post
14:00 on nowfashion, 15:00 on gucci.com. For some reasons there will be two shows.
every season there are two shows... just like Versace....

btw, the final dresses are very 1900s-20s imo.... loose dresses wiv no hips and golden applique... very Paul Poiret.... love...
and entire collection is stunning and total best-seller... as usual.. <3 Frida

21-09-2011
V.I.P.

these clothes are soo tacky, but in a good way (if that makes any sense). it's not too gimmicky, it's not contrived, the collection as a whole is solid.

I don't like the make up though and the girls were sucking in their cheeks. normally it's only Mrs. Poly but everyone was guilty here.

21-09-2011
backstage pass

Totally tasteless, unreconstructed 80's bitchwear. Utterly vulgar.

21-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
I don't like it. It looks very poorly prepared. I get that Frida likes the blingy resort look, but come on, this is so spiritless and unimaginative. The problem with Frida's clothes is that they lack so much character. There's never really any personality in the clothes. I always feel like anyone could wear her clothes and generally just look nice in them. This collection is probably one of the best examples of this.
I dont agree that much.... i think people get that feeling of blank collection because Frida only chooses couple key colors for a collection and works with them... like SS08 wiv black-white-yellow-pink.... or this season is only white-black-golden.... which is imo opinion very smart....
just like Versace used to focus on prints... stunning prints but horrible construction of clothes that nobody could wear (ss04 collection almost ruined Versace)... then Versace went monochromatic wiv flawless constructions wiv ss06 & fw06 and saved itself...
I think Frida has very strong spirit and every season is very themed and thats why her clothes sell so much...

btw, I already see the Zara and H&M store-windows full of Golden-white-black graphic dresses and leather jackets in 1 years xD (just like we saw these bright orange, green, red, blue jackets in every store cuz of Frida's SS11 collection)

21-09-2011
trendsetter

Its Gonna Be A Dark Summer!

Anyone else getting a really subtle egyptian vibe?

plus...The back view of Natasha's Finale dress makes her *** look about 300 times bigger.....bad.

Last edited by Kite; 21-09-2011 at 08:46 AM.
21-09-2011
life begins here

Could you tell me who was a casting director?

V.I.P.

i sure love this!! very luxurious and delicious, i already have a list of pieces i really want from this collection

21-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
Its Gonna Be A Dark Summer!

Anyone else getting a really subtle egyptian vibe?

plus...The back view of Natasha's Finale dress makes her *** look about 300 times bigger.....bad.
hehe, yeah.. i could see it... especially the golden color gives it that egyptian feeling... i think one could find some look-alikes with Roberto Cavalli's eqyptian FW07 collection...

and I'm actually glad to see couple more optical pounds on Natasha... xD she's way too skinny....

21-09-2011
backstage pass

the only thing i actually enjoy is the new version of the jackie o bag...thats it.

21-09-2011
V.I.P.

It's so... dark. I do like a few of the pieces - but not for spring/summer.

21-09-2011
trendsetter

that Mint colour is EVERYWHERE........

Mint, the colour of spring! so Fresh!

21-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikingFashion View Post
I dont agree that much.... i think people get that feeling of blank collection because Frida only chooses couple key colors for a collection and works with them... like SS08 wiv black-white-yellow-pink.... or this season is only white-black-golden.... which is imo opinion very smart....
just like Versace used to focus on prints... stunning prints but horrible construction of clothes that nobody could wear (ss04 collection almost ruined Versace)... then Versace went monochromatic wiv flawless constructions wiv ss06 & fw06 and saved itself...
I think Frida has very strong spirit and every season is very themed and thats why her clothes sell so much...

btw, I already see the Zara and H&M store-windows full of Golden-white-black graphic dresses and leather jackets in 1 years xD (just like we saw these bright orange, green, red, blue jackets in every store cuz of Frida's SS11 collection)
I think the problem with this collection is that the color palette is so limited. As a label, you want the customer to buy only Gucci, spend ALL their money in your store. I don't think women want to spend over $30,000 on a wardrobe that is just black, white, & gold. She should've added one or two more colors, IMO. It's also too similar to the resort collection, there is just more gold.

21-09-2011
devil in the details

Is it just me or this collection is very reminiscent of Balenciaga FW08?
From jackets and pants to raccoon-eyed make-up. Kind of a turn off.

21-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
I think the problem with this collection is that the color palette is so limited. As a label, you want the customer to buy only Gucci, spend ALL their money in your store. I don't think women want to spend over $30,000 on a wardrobe that is just black, white, & gold. She should've added one or two more colors, IMO. It's also too similar to the resort collection, there is just more gold.
lol.. did you forget about Chanel? its the parisian BEST seller just because everything is black&white for instance Chanel SS07 everything black-white or golden... According to U.S. Vogue, the best collection of that entire season.... totally same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilkfreak View Post
Is it just me or this collection is very reminiscent of Balenciaga FW08?
From jackets and pants to raccoon-eyed make-up. Kind of a turn off.
I think you mean FW07 with etno and multicultural references... not FW08 Spanish-inspired one...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, gucci, milan, s or s