How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2012
backstage pass

My eyes are hurting. Thanks, Frida.

19-09-2012
fashion icon

Yes this collection is gawdy & tacky, but this type of fashion is so needed!! We've been seeing a lot of bland clothes & models lately, & this brings me back to the fabulous 2006-07 era. Even though most of this collection is a blatant rip-off of Lanvin, what more do you expect from Gucci? I love it.

19-09-2012
tfs star

am I the only one that getting Lanvin S/S 2012 vibes here? love the collection though.

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

I enjoy the use of color, but I hate the ruffles, the shapes...pretty much everything else. *sigh* There's nothing flattering except for the trenches.

19-09-2012
fashion elite

OMG what a dreadful collection. I think she was going for a vintage Pucci feel but none of this is the right sort of jet set. This is very late 70's Ft Lauderdale dinner party. Its a mash up of the worst silhouettes and prints of a tacky era. Frankly, I'm officially done with Gucci for the moment. After last spring, this fall, and now this disaster the glamour has has been lost. They need someone else to find it because Frida has been floundering for years now.

V.I.P.

Bad imitation of Lanvin!

19-09-2012
French Chic

Wow......colour splash. Wasn't expecting so much colour.
It's all late 60's/early 70's and I can just see the models of that time swanning around in the floaty, ruffled gowns. Some of the prints are a little 'Hair The Musical' for my liking and the tunic tops over trousers are way too plain.
I don't actually mind all the ruffles, which looked good especially on the backs of dresses/shirts, and all this looked way better in motion.
The collection as whole was quite disjointed, with the 2 looks with the netting popping up out of nowhere, but it isn't the disaster everyone is making out.
As always the shoes and the eyewear are fantastic and this will sell like hotcakes and be very popular at red carpet events I'm sure.

fashion insider

My first thought went to Lanvin, then Valentino, then I realized that this actually is quite Gucci. There are some really nice looks here; I don't think this collection is bad at all.

V.I.P.

I didn't mind the last collection and finally had a tiny bit of hope but not anymore. As what others have said it's very new-Valentino with Lanvin colours. There's even a few looks that scream Matthew Williamson to me.

19-09-2012
rising star

I´m not a fan of Giannini´s work. The only collection I´ve liked from her so far, was Spring/Summer 2012.
The art-déco style looked great for Gucci. Obviously it wasn´t anything new; but I think it gave this brand a sexy decandent style. Those final dresses were like a mixture between Blade Runner and Biba.
It felt like an itineration from Tom Ford´s romance with the seventies (in fact art-déco was very trendy during that decade, as everyone knows).

I could sense a bit of that "desiderability factor" for Gucci again. It reminded me of what I used to feel for this brand during the nineties.

But now I see this somehow late 60s/early 70s jet-set collection, and I feel all the charm is lost again. I feel cold again.

A bunch of garments and accesories for rich women, luxury and all...but where´s the difference with another brand?? A rich customer could buy something very similar (if not completely identical) from a lot of different designers.

The only difference is the Gucci tag hanging inside each garment and accessory.

19-09-2012
fashion elite

i almost fell asleep watching the show. i actually think i might have. This is something you can find at Zara. Nothing screamed Gucci sex appeal ESPECIALLY for Summer? FAIL!

V.I.P.

To garish and inconsistent for me. I loved her fall collection but this one not so much. My favourite pieces are the black ones with the cut-outs and the white looks with emphatic jewelry. The rest of the colours hurt my eyes (as others mentioned) and the prints were ugh.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
19-09-2012
front row

I'm very mixed on this collection, on one hand it did remind me of Lanvin and Valentino which I adore, as many of you have stated, but it also gave me a strong Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface kinda feel (and I loved her in that movie) but other than the couple of black looks towards the end, not really feeling it...

19-09-2012
scenester

For me, this is a wonderful collection, love the colors and how she used the ruffles, a very nice way, maybe its different, maybe mmm a bit of Lanvin, but generally I like it!! and by the way, the big jewelry with the white looks, amazing!!

fashion icon

I love this collection, vibrant colors. Especially a white gown that Karmen and Anja wore its spectacular.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, gucci, milan, s or s