Gucci S/S 2013 Milan - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-10-2012
backstage pass

I had already forgotten Yves the colourist in Gucci guise. The difficulty here is that it does feel unavoidably retro and seen before. Much as I do love Frida, it seems, McQueen apart (which they only have 51% of) that PPR are locked in some retro headspace they can't escape from. And Maier's rererehash of 40's @ Bottega Veneta seemed woefully off point and heel draggy.

27-12-2016
fashion elite

I was watching her documentary again the other day and it featured the making of this collection. It was really a treat. We also got to see Frida tell Alessandro Michele his bags were bad. I highly recommend it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70274593

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
I was watching her documentary again the other day and it featured the making of this collection. It was really a treat. We also got to see Frida tell Alessandro Michele his bags were bad. I highly recommend it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70274593
The sad part is that Alessandro won in the end though.

V.I.P.

^ Hahaha oh the irony!

28-12-2016
front row

Life is but a wheel of fortune, who would have told her that two years later she would be kicked out the back door and that Alessandro would become the sensation she never managed to be...

Got to recognize that, while Gianini was nothing if not outstandingly mediocre, Alessandro really puts his heart and soul into vanishing any trace of sophistication from this brand

Last edited by YohjiAddict; 28-12-2016 at 03:54 PM.

28-12-2016
fashion insider

It's funny how everything comes in full circle.
Frida herself got her ideas rejected by Tom Ford (remember that infamous Flora line she wanted so bad for them to bring back) and when he left, she became the successor because of that rejected idea...Even if Alessandra was more talented.

I wasn't really a fan of this collection or of the majority of Frida's work ( i quite like her work from 2006-2009). For me, this collection just look like a best of Tom Ford's Gucci white dresses. The collections that inspired this one are so obvious...

In retrospect, when seeing this documentary, we can see how frustrating it must have been for Michele to work with Frida. She never took any risk, even after the good sales.
Michele is obviously a better designer but he is also more commercial than Frida. His clothes are just much more appealing...Even if the communication is less sophisticated.

I think that Gucci wasn't the best brand for her. Maybe Ferragamo...
I kinda miss her grown up vision of women.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, gucci, milan, s or s