How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2011
clever ain't wise

It's gorgeous. Like modern YSL. Beautiful.

01-10-2011
backstage pass

While I agree that the cut of the trousers would be unflattering on most of us, it works here. I love the collection, everything looks so sophisticated, elegant yet edgy at the same time, beautiful and yet disturbing, rich yet cool. It's incredible how he manages to be interesting on so many levels, this is would fashion should be about!

01-10-2011
fashion elite

I don't like it as much as his last two collections. I guess I was expecting more. I'm yet to find a continual motif through the collection. But I do like the the variety of colours and shoes.

01-10-2011
fashion insider

A little disappointed, as his past collections were really stunning - out of this world. I don't really like the top-to-toe shiny silks I guess. Still, a lovely collection.

01-10-2011
tfs star

How Haider manages to make menswear for women this sexy is beyond me. He truly makes love to the fabrics. The way he handles fabric is so effortless and allows the nature of the material to come through. Although, I wish it wasn't so shiny. Otherwise, one of the best from this drab season.

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

jackets and final dresses ae absolutely flawless... wish more celebs wear his clothes

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

I really enjoyed most all of it aside from some of the pants that were incredibly wide
I'm sorry but I can't think of anyone who actually wants that silhouette to make their hips look bigger

this, however, is my favorite look from the entire collection, just perfection.

style.it

01-10-2011
tfs star

I don't see anything wrong with loose fitted trousers. In fact, I prefer them. I'm sick of seeing skinny jeans/pants (a la Isabel Marant, Balmain). Not everything has to be skin tight. There is an understated sexiness to women in wide legged trousers. Society as been brainwashed to think the body conscious fit is flattering and the only way to be sexy. Look at the women of Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe and Yohji Yamamoto, they reject what is deemed as conventional beauty. Their sex appeal isn't an obvious one. There are also many different types of women that have a different definition for what is flattering. There is nothing unflattering about non-skinny trousers. Why must something be flattering to be considered appealing?

01-10-2011
backstage pass

Very difficult to pull off in real life, yes. These silhouettes are puzzling for me.

But the way he works with fabrics, really all kinds of materials, blows me away season after season. Refinement of the highest quality, nothing less than a great master's hand.

01-10-2011
trendsetter

how's the sales going? i dont think it would be positive...haider's clothes are hard to wear...

01-10-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain1914 View Post
how's the sales going? i dont think it would be positive...haider's clothes are hard to wear...
Well, I've read somewhere (I'm sorry it don't remember where exactly, but since he has having a huge exhibition in Paris right now, which was breathtaking by the way, he had a lot of press lately) that there is demand, he himself doesn't want to produce too much, because this is not the goal of his art, what he's creating.

fashion elite

OVERRATED!! I really liked his last colection but this time is more of the same!
I loved the final dress...i hope i can see it in the oscars...

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

I expected to be disappointed by this after seeing the first few looks but this is divine I could totally do without the Aladdin trousers but everything else is perfection. The black leather look towards the end on Ruby Aldridge is the sexiest look I've seen on the runway all season

01-10-2011
backstage pass

I've heard my friend told me that he's more a stylist than a designer, his sketch is really rough and mostly every design is supervising by his assistant. I love the color and really want to know how's the sales going. I'm sure there's demand. But again, how many women can actually handle his clothes ?!

V.I.P.

only things i don't like are all those exposed boob looks (a bit too simple, no?) and the shoes. the shoes are odd...

but a lot of those looks with some nice high heels, would be deliriously gorgeous.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ackermann, haider, paris, s or s