How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2011
tfs star

This makes me wish I was I skinny rich bitch, I'd look at myself in the mirror the entire day....

01-10-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
OVERRATED!! I really liked his last colection but this time is more of the same!
I think a lot of the Parisian designers are vastly overrated on tfs. Nicholas/Balenciaga comes to mind.
Did Haider's inspiration for this collection come from staring at his own reflection in a mirror wearing pajamas and a robe?

01-10-2011
windowshopping

Perfection, I loved so many pieces of this collection !

01-10-2011
fashion insider

I'm not getting all the love for this collection at all. This is quite disappointing to me, especially after his previous collection. It just seems messy and unflattering to me.

V.I.P.

loved this so much

01-10-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral1532 View Post
I think a lot of the Parisian designers are vastly overrated on tfs. Nicholas/Balenciaga comes to mind.
Did Haider's inspiration for this collection come from staring at his own reflection in a mirror wearing pajamas and a robe?
OMG...thank you!! You said it all!
Inspirations of the colection "last colection, robes and cheap fabrics"

fashion elite

Haider Ackermann| Spring Summer 2012 | Preview/Full Edited Show | Exclusive on You Tube (Original Soundtrack from Show)

clever ain't wise

I like this much more than his last fall collection. Don't know why....less gimmicky, more beautiful. One of the best this season.

01-10-2011
Stitch:the Hand

hmmm.....i feel rather underwhelmed by this actually. and i do not like iridescent material like this. i'm not sure if he was trying to go for a certain richness but it really isn't working. it really takes away from the painstaking craftsmanship in these clothes. in other words it looks really cheap.

as for all this talk about overrated....no question haider is a supreme master.....i mean let's be honest,he's hardly jeremy scott. with that said,i actually prefer his work in his early seasons rather than this drapey,sculptural,monastic nomad work he's producing these days. i liked his perspective then....it was a bit like cultural interpreter miguel adrover in a certain way only less literal and the clothes were breathtaking well made.

01-10-2011
windowshopping

I am curious about the stylist of this collection who transform the beautiful garment into an artpiece

02-10-2011
fashion insider

Absolute perfection in elegance. The subtle evolution and blending between the menswear and the womenswear is breathtaking. While yes, it does seem familiar, I like that it's not a complete 180 in terms of direction. Speaks to his sensual character. And the colors oh god, makes me just want to walk around naked with a glass of wine.

TWITTER:
02-10-2011
rising star

I really like the combination of patterns and colours with the Haider silhouette. I just don't understand the see-through chiffon and the use of unflattering-couloured satin. And for the pants, I'm really intrigued by their shapes. I think they will look much better if they're not in satin.

02-10-2011
fashion icon

Gorgeous if at times garish. I find all the silk satins to be a bit overkill in their luster and feelings of uneasiness (such precious materials are so easy to ruin). Not so sure about those gemmed blazers either. But Haider is a radical talent in that he stays true to himself and changes slowly only as he sees fit. That is commendable. Looks like he focused on more practical pieces, really amazing actually pieces, although the evening wear this time, oddly, are not some of his best work.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

I got a Yves feeling about this..
it's very good.

trendsetter

if i had the money....I would but EVERY piece of Ackermann's work...from the very beginning of his career.

It would be ACKERMANIA!

PLUS.....isnt it just so amazing to have the models slowed right down......Its so much more graceful and elegant than seeing them storm down the runway like mad-women. It brings another dimention to the clothes and the atmosphere.

Last edited by Kite; 02-10-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ackermann, haider, paris, s or s