How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2012
backstage pass

I just saw the video and once again it had a emotional affect on me. It's strange as this is not my favourite collection from him, but it still has the power to really wow me.

30-09-2012
rising star

Haider is one of my 3 favourite designers. Je l'aime, je l'aime, je l'aime !
No need to explain my feelings about this collection ...

V.I.P.

i feel like it's a bit early to repeat shapes already... and i prefer his collections when they're colorful. what's with the lack of color these days?

30-09-2012
French Chic

Gorgeous collection.
Undeniably sexy and the cut of the trousers is sublime. Loving how face on, the striped trousers almost merge with the strappy shoes.
Exquisite accessories....it's always the little touches with Ackerman and beautiful prints and Polka dots.
Very dark for summer, but the few looks that featured white, were very welcome amongst the sombre feel throughout.

V.I.P.

I can only echo what so many others have already said - this is stunning. I love that he went back to a more dark and romantic, less warrior-like woman. I love how feminine and soft those sheer dresses are, and I absolutely adore all the suits, they're bold and sexy and so chic. And I'm so glad he ditched the harem pants and actually used pants here that look like they can be worn by normal women, too. I actually think this looks like one of his most wearable collections, I see a few things that I would love to wear myself, especially those gorgeous cropped blazers. Though I've tried on Haider Ackermann jackets before and found the fit to be quite awkward since he really does design mostly for tall women and many of his clothes are extremely unflattering when you're not 6ft tall. But some of the outfits here looks simple and sharp enough as that they would work on many different types of women. And either way, this collection is just great to look at anyway. It reminds me a bit of his Fall 2008 collection (which is one my favorite HA collections) in terms of modern and dark elegance. One of the best this season

30-09-2012
tfs star

This looks like what YSL should/would/could look like, moreso than what I imagine Hedi will show in the not-so-distant future.

30-09-2012
fashion insider

This will be a dark summer FANTASTIC collection!

30-09-2012
Soviet Camaro

Undeniably beautiful, cuts like a knife, and brilliant use of (optical) patterns. But I find it a bit cold, much more fatale than femme.

Last edited by tangerine; 30-09-2012 at 11:40 PM.
30-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
This looks like what YSL should/would/could look like, moreso than what I imagine Hedi will show in the not-so-distant future.
I swear , that is what I feel when see Haider's work. I have a bad feeling about Hedi but lets wait and see!

02-10-2012
backstage pass

I swear I always love Haider!!!!! Always my #1 show every season!

02-10-2012
windowshopping

It's definitely a heavier offering for Spring/Summer but I wouldn't find any qualms about wearing it on even the hottest of days. The fabric selection appears to be top notch. Michèle Montagne has even managed to place dresses over trousers in an appealing manner (in fact, those are my favorite looks.) My only complaint would be of the mall goth shoes.

02-10-2012
tfs star

I usually believe his work is repetitive and overrated, but damn! This collection is incredible. I'm a Guy and I want those dots! This is how you mix and match. Dries Van Noten's over-hyped collection looks like an episode of Project Runway compared to this.

02-10-2012
trendsetter

Much better than the Hedi Mess.

03-10-2012
flaunt the imperfection

i think this is haider ackerman's strongest collection to date...

it has all his signature style but it is pared down, mature and---wait for it--- wearable.......

good direction...i'd say he's on exactly the right track now...

03-10-2012
old-fashioned

Great collection. I agree with the wearable comments. This time he made it interesting in a way that not only Tilda Swinton can wear it. And I'm drooling over that black dress at 5:37. Typical Haider, probably not the most creative piece of the collection, but extremely beautiful.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, ackermann, haider, paris, s or s