Halston S/S 09 New York - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2008
V.I.P.

it's all classics, very wearable and beautiful. nothing wrong with that! i really like this.

10-09-2008
V.I.P.

can somebody post the style.com photos my computer is slow.............. thanx

10-09-2008
V.I.P.

Its lovely and i like several pieces.

10-09-2008
backstage pass

I don't feel the joy.......what I mean by that is, the Halston of the 70's had a "joy of living", a "joy of sex" it was decadence without repurcussions.This Halston feels stale and severe. How they made bright prints and colors severe, I don't know? But they did.
Tom Ford would be a great idea as creative director; his slinky ,seductive aesthetic and buisness sense helped Gucci and YSL and hopefully will help Halston.

10-09-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

A couple of the pieces are nice but it's kind of mediocre. If I wanted this sort of thing, I'd go to Bottega and get infinitely better looking and more chic pieces, and probably at a better price tag. The sitting down presentation was just bizarre. The clothes looked like crap and the lighting was terrible. It made them look waxy. And while the clothes hang on the models well while they walk, sitting down it just too much like Rachel Zoe. There was no life/movement/shape in the clothing. Just flat.

^
Just saw your post above and I agree entirely. I guess that's what I mean by flat. Halston had a sexiness, a voluptiousness about it, it could be worn by anyone from a size 0 to 16. It had a kind of decadence. This feels so hollow and like the clothes are hanging off the girls. Not Halston, and not sexy.

Last edited by Meg; 10-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

Hq

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

PMM

11-09-2008
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
(The smartest thing for the Halston people to have done would've been to beg Tom Ford to be creative director from the very beginning. No other contemporary designer has been so successful at resurrecting the Halston lifestyle)
I definitely agree Tom Ford would be perfect or any other designer that can possibly create a "lifestyle" around this brand as that's what Halston was quite about - the lifestyle. All I see here are just clothes and I cannot anything about this new Halston woman (except that maybe she goes to the market in chiffon/jersey gowns.......). It's not that bad of a collection though for any other designer that would be just starting.

11-09-2008
front row

Halston was so iconic and marked by his time I don’t think his silhouettes can ever become “timeless”. This collection looks very tacky, tired…cookie cutter translations in a puddle water palette are an insult to M. Halston’s legacy.

Heartily agree Tom Ford is the only person who could inject innovation and excitement into this hiccup of a revival.

11-09-2008
fashion icon

Very Tamara All the one shouldered draping but its nice

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

but this stuff sells well (for the moment ) abroad , Harvey nichol, browns and net a porter sold out on most of the dresses . It might not be so ground breaking agreed but you cant deny these are mostly wearable beautiful clothes. Though they need a good head director ASAP otherwise this brand will slip back into oblivion/

11-09-2008
front row

Love it

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

I like it. And the dresses at the end are stunning.

mme
backstage pass

I liked the most simple dresses the best; wearable and very Halston. But the random bag and printed dresses make it confusing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, halston, s or s, york