How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2011
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloehandbags View Post
^ As someone who has effectively studied Chloe, for years, I can honestly say that Paulo's aesthetic was an extremely poor fit, for Chloe (if you're judging by their archive).

I think A/W '09 was great, but Hannah just seems to have gradually lost confidence since then and as you say, has really just resorted to interpreting Celine, in a slightly more Chloe sort of way, lately (which, I agree, is not really good enough).
Out of genuine curiosity, what exactly is the Chloe aesthetic? I mean this earnestly; it's always been a bit of a "mysterious" house to me. Most of the French labels have always had a certain look and feel that is relatively easy to sum up- ladylike and prim at Dior, girly glamour at Valentino, the timelessly well tailored Chanel- but Chloe has been a little bit of everything over the last few years. Where do the roots lie?

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

UPDATE - Chloé's Girl

IT SEEMS Hannah MacGibbon will not be leaving Chloé any time soon, despite rumours to the contrary. A spokesperson from the label told us a statement will be released later today to confirm there is no truth in the allegations that MacGibbon's contract is up after this season.

Reports emerged yesterday that the reaction to today's show in Paris could determine the designer's future at the label. According to New York Times, Chloé is thought to have already interviewed other designers.

All eyes will be on MacGibbon - and the Chloé collection she presents - today at the autumn/winter 2011 show at the Espace Ephémère Tuileries.
In other Chloé-related news, its diffusion line, See by Chloé, has landed a new design director - Laure de Sade, formerly a design assistant at Isabel Marant. According to WWD, she will begin her new role on March 28 and hopes to bring "a new touch of femininity and modernity".

Vogue.co.uk

08-03-2011
Looking Up

^ That sucks. Her latest collection was the worst excuse for clothes I've seen.

08-03-2011
fashion icon

^word.

Alluring

God, and the hope is dead again. What a disillusion

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

Damn. The update was disappointing. Especially considering the absolute rags that were shown this season.

backstage pass

Hannah MacGibbon had an incredible season for F/W 2010 but since then it's really gone down hill. The brand may need a breath of fresh air...

18-04-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Hannah MacGibbon Will Remain at Chloé for at Least One More Season
Hannah MacGibbon's contract at Chloé was up after this past season, and last month the house was rumored to be interviewing potential replacements, according to the Times. A Chloé spokesperson previously denied rumors that MacGibbon was leaving but neglected to confirm her contract's renewal until today, when it was reported that her contract has been extended for another season. Her fall 2011 show, which was under high scrutiny due to her supposedly precarious standing at the house, received mixed reviews. When reached for comment, Chloé’s CEO, Geoffroy de la Bourdonnaye, said, “Hannah is still with us, that’s all I can say.”
-nymag

18-04-2011
tfs star

I don't know how designer contracts work but a season only? That's not too great of a safety net.

18-04-2011
front row

Awe that's a shame i was ready for a change..

V.I.P.

^me too....

18-04-2011
fashion insider

Her previous collection was actually my favourite Chloe collection in a very long time. I was hoping that they'd extend it for longer, but I suppose it's still good news.

V.I.P.

Oh great, another season of uninspired and boring clothes.

no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
Her previous collection was actually my favourite Chloe collection in a very long time. I was hoping that they'd extend it for longer, but I suppose it's still good news.
i agree. i do believe she sent out such a strong iconic chloe collection for fall/winter because of these contract issues. while i know some of us in the blogosphere like to think that designers put together these collections in a vacuum devoid of other interests, i do believe that some of these designers do their best work when their in fear of losing their post....or trying to leap-frog into another tony position

it would not surprise me one bit if richemont hired another deposed desginer -- christopher decarnin, john galliano, et al -- to add some electricity to this house.

fashion insider

If anyone deserves to design at the house it would be Reed Krakoff. This house was ready for change like a year ago.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chloë, clare, creative, director, hannah, keller, macgibbon, named, waight