How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2012
fashion insider

I must applaud Hedi Slimane's knack and media savvy for driving up the hype and secrecy surrounding his debut though, Cruise 2013 or not!

05-07-2012
backstage pass

the description vanessa friedman gave of the collection matches the sketches though?

05-07-2012
Hell on Heels

still, the other review posted hints at looks that could very well be the ones we saw in the sketches

it's confusing, aswell, cause i don't think wwd would go out and release / post stuff that wasn't true to reality? guess we'll just have to wait and see

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

I read in New York Magazine , its very 80s, skinny tuxes, skinny pants, hot pants, skinny jeans and blouses and pointy toe shoes. Honestly I am not very impressed, but many buyers were. It seems like Balmain with Tom Ford influences thrown in. The color palette was Black and white mainly.

07-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
I read in New York Magazine , its very 80s, skinny tuxes, skinny pants, hot pants, skinny jeans and blouses and pointy toe shoes. Honestly I am not very impressed, but many buyers were.It seems like Balmain with Tom Ford influences thrown in. The color palette was Black and white mainly.
lol is this for real? I don't want you to think badly of me when i say but YSL influenced designs for houses like Balmain and Tom Ford. You should buy his book collection and see for yourself. I don't think anyone is entitled to say YSL looks like any other designer....just saying.

V.I.P.

I am not talking of YSL under Yves Saint Laurent and you obviously did not understand the context of what I was saying. To say YSL was not inspired by other designer's work is ignorant, lot of his work in the 70's especially his famous Collection 40 was influenced by Schiaparelli and other designers from the late 30s and early 40s. I was strictly talking about descriptions given from reports about Hedi Slimane's resort collection. I am entitled to my opinion..just saying.

08-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ why wasn't press invited to the pre-collection showing?

09-07-2012
fashion insider

^ From the Financial Times article:
Quote:
Mr Slimane wants to make his first knock-our-socks-off, he-can-do-womenswear statement in the autumn, at the ready-to-wear shows.

09-07-2012
tfs star

From Harper's Bazaar
Quote:
THE TRUTH BEHIND YSL’S REBRANDING
Only the ready-to-wear line will be affected by Hedi Slimane’s name change from Yves Saint Laurent to Saint Laurent Paris.

When it was announced that new creative director of Yves Saint Laurent, Hedi Slimane, was going to change the name of the brand to Saint Laurent Paris, shockwaves rippled through the fashion world.

Despite early reports to the contrary, this new name change will not affect all areas of the company – only the ready-to-wear line. The Yves Saint Laurent cosmetics line will keep its name, for example, and the official company name will not change.

Instead of signalling radical change the new name in fact marks a return to the brand’s heritage, with Saint Laurent Paris sounding similar to the original Saint Laurent Rive Gauche ready-to-wear line, first launched in 1966.

Indeed, the move even has the blessing of Pierre Bergé, Yves’ partner, who told WWD: "I’m very happy. Anything that makes the house more Saint Laurent is welcome."

Slimane debuted his first collection for the fashion house to buyers last week, although no images will be released until after the spring/summer 2013 show.
http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/lates...randing-090712

Last edited by glitterpeacock; 09-07-2012 at 05:59 AM.
09-07-2012
fashion insider

augh, seriously? I have to wait till October to see RTW and resort?!?!? *sobs*

backstage pass

is it a long stretch to think that slimane might reserve the original yves saint laurent name for haute couture? like it used to be? because that would explain why pierre berge is so enthusiastic

09-07-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
is it a long stretch to think that slimane might reserve the original yves saint laurent name for haute couture?
Quote:
Only the ready-to-wear line will be affected by Hedi Slimane’s name change from Yves Saint Laurent to Saint Laurent Paris.
I think it's fair to assume so, yes.

I don't know

I guess they chickened out after all the backlash

09-07-2012
front row

^ I doubt this is a branding backpedal, just a clarification since the masses seem to think they own this brand more than the people designing it do.

None of this will matter once his clothes are shown.

09-07-2012
I don't know

^The clarification would have come right away though since that's the impression people got when it was first announced. Either it's backpedaling or the PR-person is not doing their job efficiently

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
creative, director, hedi, laurent, saint, slimane