How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
TheTimes.co.uk
Well... That seems more like a hate letter to Kate Moss than to Hedi.

Are them for real? Like... Every journalist looks more like a "hate-letter" for being bad treated than for the collection. It's like "No seats? Just wait for me, bitch".

To be honest, I think there's only one or two critics that actually wrote about the collection. All the others are just bitching around.

I'm still waiting for the critics to talk about the construction, the fabrics,...

And don't make me even start with the "oh the Boho is sooo 06-07". The 60's are so 09-10 and OVERDONE and I don't see anyone bitching about the collections.

Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

Oh and by the way... this collection will look great with the ones by Ann D and Gareth Pugh.

03-10-2012
rising star

I cringe at the sight of the new Saint Laurent Paris website. It's definitely nothing in relation with Yves Saint Laurent, Saint Laurent Rive Gauche or anything near it.

It's now Hedi Slimane Los Angeles.

(The bags, the bags, why did he destroy the Muse Two and Cabas Chyc and bring in something like a "Recreate-Chanel-2.55" project from the "Handbag Design 101" module, or Vionnet style or Roger Vivier style clutches? Why???)

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

I just looked at the new website, its totally Hedi Dior Homme lol, 90% of the items are black, the tribute sandals are gone (just black remains lol) . Honestly its too dark and depressing for the YSL customer. The accessories and shoes suck.

03-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
I just looked at the new website, its totally Hedi Dior Homme lol, 90% of the items are black, the tribute sandals are gone (just black remains lol) . Honestly its too dark and depressing for the YSL customer. The accessories and shoes suck.
He's supposed to use the brand as inspiration, not Yves' personal life xD

03-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
The Trib's are on there under current collection. My sister just purchased them in black/white. The artsy ring, etc. are gone. A lot of people will be alienated by this bad move. It was a popular, affordable style like by millions.

fashion insider

There's a short miniskirt in leather with sequins on that website for over $2K....looks like something I could get at Forever XXI

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
Yeah but with Galliano it would have been somewhat understandable, due to his errr.. "issues", as the Dior execs are trying to restore the brand's rep. What is the excuse now?
Hedi is taking Saint Laurent in a different direction than Stefano was moving, he obviously doesn't want the two aesthetics getting muddled.
BTW, Dior had 29% increases in revenue - they don't need to restore their reputation.

Last edited by vickileekx; 03-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.
03-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickileekx View Post
Hedi is taking Saint Laurent in a different direction than Stefano was moving, he obviously doesn't want the two aesthetics getting muddled.
BTW, Dior had 29% increases in revenue - they don't need to restore their reputation.
I am not talking about money here. I am referring specifically to Galliano and his bad behaviour.

Last edited by Morphe; 03-10-2012 at 06:02 PM.
03-10-2012
V.I.P.

He's not silly nonsense either. How dare you, Cathy.

etre soi-meme

Hedi must be having a nervous breakdown, his tweets are hysterical #major #fail

03-10-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Hedi must be having a nervous breakdown, his tweets are hysterical #major #fail
Thank you! I was just coming here to say the same thing. He wouldn't be the first designer to end up in a looney bin, but perhaps the craziest.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Laura's open letter was so amatuerly written. It doesn't even pull any punches!

Wow...this collection just got more interesting!

03-10-2012
backstage pass

i don't understand why he's still posting on twitter.
surely bernard arnault has spoken to him about that open letter and how it's embarrassing for the company and even damaging its reputation.

what a mess it would be if he were to get fired after one season, ysl as the new ungaro?

03-10-2012
army of lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
i don't understand why he's still posting on twitter.
surely bernard arnault has spoken to him about that open letter and how it's embarrassing for the company and even damaging its reputation.

what a mess it would be if he were to get fired after one season, ysl as the new ungaro?
Arnault was his old boss. Salma Hayak's husband "controls" Hedi now.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

What a mess this is turning out to be. If I were the boss at YSL, I would've fired him for this. If you're gonna tarnish the brand's reputation and act like a spoiled child, do it at your own brand.
It's sad to see Bergé coping up with this sh!t. Unsurprising, yes, but sad nonetheless.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
creative, director, hedi, laurent, saint, slimane