How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2012
V.I.P.

WOW! I'm so excited! Will be very cool to see...

25-02-2012
windowshopping

i remember reading an interview with him some years back where he basically said it wasn't necessary for him to design at the moment, because his vision was still present in the fashion world

the fact that's he's coming back now suggests to me that he must have something new in mind

25-02-2012
windowshopping

i hope is not true. I ADORE Stefano Pilati 's work.

25-02-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianCouture View Post
It seems like anyone @ YSL has a rough time...
I don't think Hedi will have a rough time @ YSL. Tho... I remember reading somewhere that he didnt really have complete freedom when he was working at YSL. But YSL the man himself did a standing ovation at one of his shows so he did have a good relationship with him. Im really happy that Hedi is coming back. Im excited!

25-02-2012
V.I.P.

It's NOT official yet as I got it, there's no official announcement yet, so the thread title should be edited imo, or this thread should be merged with this : http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60...nt-101273.html , until we have official confirmation.

25-02-2012
V.I.P.

^it will be announced during paris FW.

Some Like It Hot

I agree, the thread title has now been amended and it will stay in Rumor Has It until it is officially confirmed by YSL, because as of yet it is still a rumor.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Today isn’t the first time we’ve heard a rumor suggesting that designer Hedi Slimane is going to take over the creative director’s chair at Yves Saint Laurent, but for some reason, the industry is now taking the prospect a little more seriously.
On Saturday, Women’s Wear Daily quoted an unnamed source in Paris as saying that Slimane, who was director of men’s design at YSL from 1996 to 2002, is primed to take over as YSL’s creative director when Stefano Pilati‘s contract with the company expires next month. The French fashion label hasn’t decided yet whether it will extend its contract with Pilati, but his tenure at the company has been plagued with consistent rumors that his days there are numbered.
As far as anyone can tell, though, Pilati is doing a good job and has been for years. PPR, the company that owns YSL, Gucci and Alexander McQueen, reported earlier this year that Pilati’s strong handbag and shoe designs helped YSL take a “giant step” in its profitability — and his clothing has been selling well since he took over the job from Tom Ford in 2004. Why the company would want to mess with a winning formula is a mystery to us.
What further complicates things is the fact that Slimane has never really done a women’s collection before. When he left YSL in 2002, he became the design director at Dior Homme and popularized the super skinny aesthetic that has dominated the menswear market ever since. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t do the job — he’s clearly a capable designer — we just think it’s strange that such a big brand would replace a successful women’s designer with an untested men’s suit expert.
But there you have it. People are talking, but we’ll wait on official word before we start buying into the idea.
styleite

25-02-2012
fashion insider

This is great news! I can't wait to see what Slimane will do at Yves Saint Laurent. Maybe there's a chance he'll restore the couture line...

25-02-2012
Wanderlust

Ahhhh, I LOVE this news !! Cannot wait !!!

25-02-2012
.my prison is your brain.

I thought Stefano had been turning out some fantastic collections lately, so I am definitely bummed about these rumblings. I am excited at the prospect of Slimane returning to the design world though, as I was definitely tiring of his repetitive photography.

25-02-2012
Mr. Zhivago

Is it possible for Stefano to be going to Dior?

25-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ I think he is definitely capable of doing a women's collection... just look at his photos!

fashion elite

Hedi design is like his photography, its really cold, but not a good cold.
Stefano has produced genious colection by this last years and he was getting better and better...
shame.

25-02-2012
fashion icon

Excellent news!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
creative, director, hedi, laurent, saint, slimane