How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
Fat Karl

Some full videos! So fantastic!

Fall/Winter 2004

Spring/Summer 2001

Fall/Winter 2000

Plenty more found here!
http://www.youtube.com/user/FashionC...ry=helmut+lang

21-02-2013
Stitch:the Hand

they have loads of his full shows from the mid-90's available on youtube as well. i spent a deliriously exciting evening watching them

10-06-2013
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
# helmut lang finest clothes since 1986 photographed by jurgen teller during the helmut lang 94/95 show in paris in 3/94
reflecting jeans and cowboy boots painted with red nail polish
available in grey-light only

Quote:
# helmut lang finest clothes since 1986 photographed by guido paulo during the fitting for the helmut lang 94/95 show in paris
silk shirt with white collar and taylor-made smoking jacket
available in black only

as mentioned earlier in this thread, the F/W 94 collection did not arrive in stores because of the fire at the factory which forced the production to stop. you might have seen a few lucky exceptions and the samples here and there, but basically most of the pieces stores had bought were canceled. naturally this was one of the critical turning points in the history of HL and was part of the reason why onward got to be involved in the operation. including the good and the bad, what had happened between S/S 95 and the start of the final years under prada was basically conspiracy with onward kashiyama.

my scans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img273.jpg (99.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img276.jpg (39.4 KB, 16 views)

Let the stars decide
22-07-2013
fashion elite

does anyone know where to find how it looks like inside HELMUT LANG / DESTE by Visionaire? well apparently it's sold out in a snap, just curious how it's edited. just a sneak peak is good enough.

15-04-2014
windowshopping

Helmut Lang-editorials?
Does anyone have access to or knowledge of particular editorials from the 90s/early 2000s featuring Helmut Lang clothes or accessories? Even just pointers on specific issues or stories would be helpful, as I have access to a fairly extensive archive and can go digging for a story once I have a year, publication, and vague date to reference (further incentive: I will post images on here once I find them and scan them!)

15-04-2014
V.I.P.

Sarag Mower wrote an essay about him in the latest Self Service magazine...anyone interested? I could post some snaps..

windowshopping

^yes please

15-04-2014
backstage pass

Please !! I wanna read it

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by flautist32 View Post
Does anyone have access to or knowledge of particular editorials from the 90s/early 2000s featuring Helmut Lang clothes or accessories? Even just pointers on specific issues or stories would be helpful, as I have access to a fairly extensive archive and can go digging for a story once I have a year, publication, and vague date to reference (further incentive: I will post images on here once I find them and scan them!)
my guess is that vogue and harpers used him tons- esp during that time...
look for anything styled by melanie ward, cause she was working with him then and using him a lot...
she was working for american harpers bazaar during that time...

Last edited by softgrey; 01-05-2014 at 05:18 PM.
02-05-2014
Stitch:the Hand

^yeah melanie was also styling his shows at the time as well. and liz was a huge champion of his in her own right. bazaar would certainly be the best bet on some of the best HL usage....i actually still have loads of things i pulled from the magazine in those days. i would suggest anything between early 97-the final editions that liz edited in 99 is where you'll find his work most rampant.

07-06-2014
El Viaje Definitivo

F/W 03

dip.mak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fw03h.jpg (20.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg fw03h 2.jpg (19.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg fw03.jpg (26.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg fw03 2.jpg (21.9 KB, 3 views)

Let the stars decide

Last edited by runner; 07-06-2014 at 01:26 PM.
08-06-2014
El Viaje Definitivo

F/W 1986

dip.mak
Attached Images
File Type: png lang 1986.PNG (136.5 KB, 4 views)

Let the stars decide
08-06-2014
El Viaje Definitivo

F/W 1999

Quote:

Black cashmere sweater; black leather pants; black leather waist belt with pouch.

A minimal set in black. The sweater's collar is like a travelling pillow, and the sleeves are divided into upper and
lower sections, only partly sewn together. The pants have fasteners sewn in on the fronts of the legs, with tapes
above the knees. This clearly shows the tendency in Helmut Lang's designs to create clothes part by part and then
join them together; a tendency that became even more distinct in later collections.
Lang comes from Austria, and presented his first Paris collection in 1986. At the time, he stressed a banality that
contrasted with the excessiveness of avant-garde fashion, and accepted reality of the body rather than seeking an
ideal body. By fusing the radical and the universal, Lang became one of the drivers of 1990s fashion. In 2002, he
made tape clothes such as a part or a fragment of jackets and vests, that could be interpreted either as pieces of
clothes or as accessories. Rather than clothes, it was almost as if he were presenting soon-to-disappear fragments or
vestiges of clothes, draped on the wearers' bodies.

kci
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 265_xl_AC012222[1].jpg (224.2 KB, 5 views)

Let the stars decide
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
helmut, lang