How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2012
V.I.P.

Helmut Lang Pre-Fall 2013
Quote:
After their colorful, print-heavy romp for spring, Helmut Lang’s Michael and Nicole Colovos returned to their signature clean lines and neutral palette for pre-fall. Those ubiquitous leather jackets were there again, but the duo also worked leathers as insets on dresses and as trimmings on pants and skirts. Transparency was a main ingredient here, demonstrated with sheer panels on tops and dresses — some in ombré blue patterns. When the delicate pieces were paired with longer boxy jackets, the outcome was cool and edgy.
(Click for HQ!)

wwd.com

29-11-2012
fashion icon

The jacket is beautiful, its seem to be a good collection.

03-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
By Nicole Phelps

After a departure on their Spring runway that found them embracing new hues like electric orange and sea blue, Helmut Lang's Nicole and Michael Colovos returned to more neutral ground for Pre-Fall. "Spring was pretty bright for us," Nicole admitted at their lookbook shoot last week. "This is a palette cleanser." But while the colors they chose were mostly black and ombré grays and blues, it wasn't entirely back to business as usual. The designers, who are best known for slouch and drape, continue to experiment with boxier, boyish silhouettes. Leather jackets have a cropped, squared-off cut, and linen pants with geometric patches of smooth leather conjured images of a baseball diamond or other sports fields. Must be those three young boys they have running around at home. The virtue of this collection, as with most of their work, was its edgy wearability.
HQs

style.com

03-12-2012
V.I.P.

HQs

style.com

03-12-2012
fashion icon

This pre-fall collection is beautiful, I admire the cutting very stunning. The color palette is refine.

03-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
by Chioma Nnadi

After dipping into vibrant oceanic color for spring 2013, Helmut Lang designers Nicole and Michael Colovos are moving into quieter waters for pre-fall. “We wanted to cleanse the palette from last season,” says Nicole, picking off the rack a floor-length jersey dress tinged icy white to squid-ink black across the body. That monochromatic wave has been sweeping into fashion for the past couple of seasons now, and is a natural starting point for a label with deeply city-centric roots. The new collection was rife with staples that will resonate in a gray-scale urban wardrobe, like granite-colored blazers and a parka cut from super-lightweight rainproof fabric—the kind of thing to throw over a sundress when rain clouds gather over New York City in June.

As the Colovoses point out, these clothes hit stores around the same time that the city opens its beaches. “Who really wants to look at fur when you’re buying your first swimsuit?” says the couple, who spend their summer weekends on the shores of Long Island’s North Folk. That being said, you won’t have to look too far to find a reliable leather jacket here, and the collarless biker with curvilinear white stripes and sharp shoulders had all the hallmarks of their signature tailoring. There were lighter renditions of the archetype elsewhere, and one made from bottle-green jacquard and trimmed with black leather had a chic, trans-seasonal appeal; ditto for the featherlight ivory blouse that was finished with tonal leather touches. Navigating Mother Nature’s erratic mood swings is more challenging now than ever—whatever corner of the globe you happen to live in. With that in mind, the collection offered practical and stylish ways to weather the storm.
vogue.com

Quote:
By Nicole Phelps

After a departure on their Spring runway that found them embracing new hues like electric orange and sea blue, Helmut Lang's Nicole and Michael Colovos returned to more neutral ground for Pre-Fall. "Spring was pretty bright for us," Nicole admitted at their lookbook shoot last week. "This is a palette cleanser." But while the colors they chose were mostly black and ombré grays and blues, it wasn't entirely back to business as usual. The designers, who are best known for slouch and drape, continue to experiment with boxier, boyish silhouettes. Leather jackets have a cropped, squared-off cut, and linen pants with geometric patches of smooth leather conjured images of a baseball diamond or other sports fields. Must be those three young boys they have running around at home. The virtue of this collection, as with most of their work, was its edgy wearability.
style.com

03-12-2012
fashion insider

There are so many great pieces! It manages to be interesting without sacrificing wearability.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, helmut, lang, prefall