How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2014
fashion insider

I was hoping for Hussein Chalayan, but another Antwerp Academy alumni will do. Just glad it's not another OTT campy sort like Gaultier or MJ. Happy to buy Lemaire's own line, I have already pieces from his first forays!

24-07-2014
backstage pass

honestly really excited to see what she will bring, but I'm still devastated about Lemaire's departure.

24-07-2014
front row

Vanhee may be a huge hit or a huge letdown - time will tell. I'm worried because The Row has mostly copied Margiela's Hermes recently... Presumably her idea. I hope she can retain the sense of practicality and realness at Hermes and not turn it into too much of a "catwalk collection" statement that even Celine has become.

24-07-2014
Ère de ℳodernité

Here's another photo of her

TWITTER.COM/CAFEMODE

backstage pass

^

fashiongonerogue

24-07-2014
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_ian curtis View Post
Vanhee may be a huge hit or a huge letdown - time will tell. I'm worried because The Row has mostly copied Margiela's Hermes recently... Presumably her idea. I hope she can retain the sense of practicality and realness at Hermes and not turn it into too much of a "catwalk collection" statement that even Celine has become.
the only difference was that with MM's hermes it was a bit more tailored and some of the most sublime cutting and volume i've yet to see since....the row looked too much like generic sacks in million dollar fabrics. hopefully she'll utilise more of her technical education and experience here. since i don't know much about vanhee's aesthetic beyond the row,i remain open...personally however i would have preferred somebody like a marjolijn van den heuvel.

24-07-2014
front row

Whilst I think lemaire produces beautiful pieces, the quality of his work there at Hermes and those of his own are of different quality, understandably due to the fabrics use, and presumably worksmanship. And mind you, they are pretty expensive still.

I sometimes wish designers can allow themselves to hone their skills at least a little more at rich houses with heritage like this (albeit the bureaucracy and politics) than to be overly idealistic...but well, they are designers..

good move though, for vanhee.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
designer, focus, hermès, hired, label, lemaire, nadège, resigns, update, vanhee