How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2013
Mr. Magic

HQs

vogue.co.uk

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

19-01-2013
Mr. Magic

vogue.co.uk

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

19-01-2013
Mr. Magic

vogue.co.uk

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

19-01-2013
Mr. Magic

vogue.co.uk

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

20-01-2013
fashion elite

Classic and simple, the whole collection speaks sophistication to me. I don't like the vivid color section I think it wasn't cohesive.

20-01-2013
scenester

love the astrakhan fur

20-01-2013
Mr. Magic

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

20-01-2013
backstage pass

Thanks Flashbang for the hi-res-- I adore the collection even more now.

I think for those looking for the latest high fashion fix, Hermes Men is not for them, so brushing it off as boring is unfair. Hermes never has been about pushing the conventions and breaking the rules of high fashion. This is ultra-luxurious-wear in classic-modern cuts. They're investment pieces for men with money and a life outside of just desperately keeping up with the latest fashion trends, nor is it about wanting to flaunt your wealth indiscriminately (barring croc jackets of course). There's a reliability, consistency and familiarity throughout the designs, and looks good on men of all ages. It's clothes I'm able to build upon in my own pace and style. I like that.

I prefer immaculate construction, flattering and masculine cuts and luxe fabrication-- in a modern sensibility which Hermes excels at in spades (barring the retro ski sweaters which I despise) any day over experimental shapes and cutting-edge statement designs; not that I don't appreciate those traits in high fashion, I just prefer wearing clothes and not have the clothes wear me. And I've never preferred looking like a "Chippendale dancer in designer clothes"-- as Hedi puts it, that seems to be a constant thorn on high fashion's side. I admire Hermes the way I admire the likes of Hedi Slimane, Jil Sander, and Helmut Lang: They design high fashion for those whose life is not just about keeping up with the high fashion Joneses.

I would be very happy to wear nothing but Hermes if I could afford to.

20-01-2013
V.I.P.

wow..totally love it especially the first 3 looks. amazing.

could do without that pink though does not fit at all!

Stitch:the Hand

it's not that i dislike the simplistic approach i just wish it offered that same sense of distinct purity the womenswear offered up. it feels sort of disconnected to me in that sense. this could be anybody's collection really. most of what i see i see already at club monaco and APC.

21-01-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

^ Fingers crossed APC gives me a beautiful astrakhan bomber jacket like that

As Veronique once said, "Je ne fais pas de la mode, je fais des vêtements" ("I don't do fashion, I make clothes"). She stays true to that statement with every collection she presents.

Hermès menswear is not about being fashion forward. It's for men (most of them are not the youngest I must say, just take a look at who's browsing the rtw racks in the boutiques) who want top-quality, unidentifiable, timeless clothing. They also carry a certain anonymity that is part of the essence of the brand. I own some rtw pieces from them and never purchased any of them thinking "I'm buying this because it's fashion at the moment" in mind. You buy something that is cut perfectly, and of sublime quality.

Nichanian has been at the helm since 1990, I think she knows who her customer is, and she designs for him...

Now about the collection, I must say it is not my favourite ever... It started really well with the first few looks, but then I thought the knitwear was a bit weak. Indeed, those bicolour pieces were not necessary and looked like they belong to somewhere else. Moreover, I don't like when she adds pops of colour in her fall collections. Let alone when she picks yellow... I guess it's meant to create dynamism; but it's more distracting than anything... Finally, I wish she showed some new scarves.
What I liked was how the general silhouette felt somehow sporty to some extent. I also liked how punchy the shoes turned with their coloured laces. But what I loved most of all was how easy she made wearing a croc cardigan or an astrakhan bomber (my fave piece) look.

backstage pass

I loved all of this.. the touches of colour in amongst all the natural tones really brought the collection to life.
Also, who is the model in the third look?

21-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei View Post
I loved all of this.. the touches of colour in amongst all the natural tones really brought the collection to life.
Also, who is the model in the third look?
Oops, meant *touches of colour in amongst all the darker tones...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, hermès, mens, paris