Hermès S/S 09 Paris - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-10-2008
Geometric Discharge

GA-AG

Naomi looks like utter crepe.
The multi-coloured pieces are just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

But I stand by what I said earlier about the tonal reptile jacket and i'm loving it more with the matching waistcoat.

What an awful, boring collection

04-10-2008
front row

i think is a good collection, with a lot of the classic Hermes aesthetics!

04-10-2008
fashion icon

Ive never been a fan of western so this collection is a no-no for me. Just dont like it. Hermes previously collection were much better.

04-10-2008
tfs star

Looks like a Dsquared2 collection.

04-10-2008
& R.V.R

i don't understand why everyone is being so harsh towards this collection. it's just what we need right now--lighthearted, fun and playful. fashion should be a way to escape from a world full of problems and trouble. also, there's nothing "cheap" about this...in any way...the details and materials are all extremely luxe.... duh, it's hermes!

bravo jpg. he's in such good spirits right now, and i love it.

04-10-2008
tfs star

Well sure, a blanket dress can be quite playful if you think about it.

04-10-2008
DÔMMkammern

but the great materials is no excuse... it's like when you go to these stores that are supposed to work with the best cashmere and charge god knows what for it, and the thing does feel great... but the colour is just so unbearably ugly, and the fit is just so off, it immediately loses all of the appeal.
this looks incredibly 90s in such a bad way! i think there's ONE piece in the entire collection, and it's not even a whole look... (more of a top kind of thing)
i see no incredible accessories, no killer shoes, no amazing dresses, no beautiful prints...
he did obvious, but in a way that doesnt even look good for the show. he didnt exactly go for a radical approach of the western trend where he could've done it in a more personal way... he just put cowboy hats and plain cut pieces on the girls...
no wonder he needed naomi to get some press attention!
are there any critics out yet? suzy? cathy? hilary?

windowshopping

This is all hideous. I am so dissappointed in jpg. I want one of the suitcases though.

04-10-2008
backstage pass

Like it!!!

Great Collection!!!

04-10-2008
Fat Karl

I actually don't think that the clothes themselves are really that Western...it's just the styling...the boots, the hats, etc. Over the top styling is so JPG...because his clothes as pieces are usually pretty wearable...it's just on the runway it often doesn't look that way because of the styling.

There are a few pieces I'm not crazy about, and it's certainly not my favorite Hermes collection, but I don't hate it. It's fun, and a fun collection is usually a good thing in my book.

front row

My initial reaction was: did it have to be so obvious? The hats, the boots, the gloves, the cigars, the set... I get that the collection was inspired by Westerns, but the styling is just overkill imo. I feel like most of the looks would be so much better without the hats. Anyways, with or without the western reference, the styling was just bad. It made the collection look cheap and tacky. And those jeans (along with most of the pants) should be burned right away!

On the other hand, if you ignore the styling, the individual pieces are quite nice, actually! I can see this collection selling very well in stores. Worn the right way, they could make great statement pieces. Like that alligator jacket on Coco... I loathe the way it's showcased in the show, but I can really see someone like Kate Lanphear rocking the sh*t out of it. The jackets, trench coats and cardigans are great, especially the billowy ones! Oh and the luggage is to die for!! I want one

04-10-2008
don't look down

The ombré reptile pieces caught my eye, but the overwhelming cowboy scenario makes it hard to see a lot of the clothing as wearable in a wider way - which they are, once you get over the look of this.

04-10-2008
Fat Karl

Ok...I know no model talk, but...

My only REAL problem with this show is Chanel with a big fat cigar...that image is too bizarre and disturbing.

Magda, on the other hand, rocks that big fat stogie!

windowshopping

It's alright..I like a few pieces!

04-10-2008
fashion insider

Is this a joke? Hermes is supposed to epitomize class and elegance, this is just bad, flat and tacky. i'm open-minded about "themes", Tisci and Victor & Rolf took themes and then turned out clothes that are inspired and a far cry from the exact costumes. Without the cowboy hats, the cigars, it's not even clear what this is about, some badly cut halter dresses opening up to pole-dancers' bikini bottoms?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, hermès, paris, s or s