How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2011
Geometric Discharge

I think this collection was based on a really great idea - Herve Leger is famous for bandage dresses, Max Azria just put buckles on those bandages, as if each one were a belt.
I absolutely loved the houndstooth which was so unexpected for Leger, especially one of the houndstooth dresses that was embellished with gold buckles down the side-seams of the dress and the tops of the arms, giving the effect that the model was outlined in gold as the light touched.
Towards the end, the white dresses definately started echoing the likes of Versace, and the dress with the narrow horizontal stripes of gold detailing screamed Jennifer Lopez.
Though Azria may not be challenging what Herve Leger is about, he definately has some great ideas that are novel enough to appeal and to sell.

16-02-2011
backstage pass

I really tried took at this collection from all angles to get a different opinion that I usually have about Herve Lager. I have to say I really like the hounds tooth printed dresses that was fresh and new and actually impressed me as well as the long black dress with the metal embellishments. But for the rest... ugh. All I see is things he has done before and the rest of it just looks way to Versace (both the main line and Versus). I understand that the bandage dresses are their signature but enough is enough. At some point there has to be some new and different, not a dramatic change but just something...

tFS STAFF

NYFW front page on tFS today: Herve Leger Fall 2011 Runway Review

17-02-2011
girl who fell to earth

comments from this thread were featured in tFS's NYFW coverage of the hits and misses of the day: http://www.thefashionspot.com/runway...0rodarte-f-w-1

check it out to see if your review was featured!

19-02-2011
front row

I like the colour scheme.

21-02-2011
fashion icon

typical Leger, excellent work on materials and structures as ever, to make the body close to become a geometric line...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, azria, f or w, herve, leger, max, york