Hogeschool Antwerpen Show 2007 - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2007
fashion elite

lovely show... love to see te whole show

Press escape to continue.

More http://dianepernet.typepad.com/diane...007_antwe.html

And http://www.photoaddict.be/mode07/index.htm

Last edited by SomethingElse; 20-06-2007 at 01:55 PM.
20-06-2007
a hymn to darkness

This is so exciting.. Thank you for those incredible videos, Gius.

20-06-2007
V.I.P.

Amazing! Such promising designers!

20-06-2007
chat~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
the atmosphere really looks incredible. i can't wait to see some stills though because i love the inspiration/mood bits from the final year students on antwerp-fashion.
Do you mean when they talk about their collections? I noticed in some of the past gradshows on the website, they would have an interview with the grad... and you could read about their inspirations and things like that, which was really nice, but now seems like they just only have the graphics to represent the ideas behind the collection

Last edited by gius; 20-06-2007 at 03:07 PM.

20-06-2007
Stitch:the Hand

^yeah,no interviews but those mood images are really stunning to me. the first designer,andrea kranzlin,especially.

20-06-2007
chat~

oh i was just looking at that:p i like it too.. i am a little disappointed though, since her collection didn't seem to match the picture
annette kolling and andrea ayala closa's are also interesting

out of the collections i've seen i like Jae Keun Hwang's "Last Emperor" the most! and i'm waiting to see andrea ayala closa's... but i'm waiting to see the 1st year students' work the most
I find what separates the Antwerp students from other schools is it seems very experimental and they really play around with the fabrics, the composition,textures, folding, ..

20-06-2007

have to say,after looking at the images from the photoaddict site(thanks for that somethingelse )i am not quite as excited as i thought i would be. some interesting pieces by each designer here and there but as a whole i'm not bowled over by what i see. i think the one designer that truly stood out strongly and innovatively for me was the menswear of Raul Egloff Alcaide. great stuff he did there....and especially fantastic that it was such a progressive look at menswear.

commercially,i think gunhyo kim will me a marvel. exquisite tailoring,craftsmanship....he really showed a kind of direction that might render him a complete success as such.

21-06-2007
V.I.P.

on the photoaddict website... the 2nd year are stunning... sometimes more interesting....(talking about the menswear)...
for the 4th year I luuuv Taro Horiuchi and already want to buy sthg (I love all the jackets, coats he did)!
Annette Kölling looks very CDG... this is a bit sad...

I think there's a real thing with this students that have seen sooo many things around that they actually picks a bit of this and of that... and don't really have their personnality...this is sad... they don't really push forward...

Quote:
i think the one designer that truly stood out strongly and innovatively for me was the menswear of Raul Egloff Alcaide. great stuff he did there....and especially fantastic that it was such a progressive look at menswear.

commercially,i think gunhyo kim will me a marvel. exquisite tailoring,craftsmanship....he really showed a kind of direction that might render him a complete success as such.
agree 100%....
Raul is very good!!!!

and I don't know why but I'm always more excited by menswear than womenswear in the Fashion School Final Shows...
maybe because imo, there's more to explore in menswear...

21-06-2007
chat~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
on the photoaddict website... the 2nd year are stunning... sometimes more interesting....(talking about the menswear)...
for the 4th year I luuuv Taro Horiuchi and already want to buy sthg (I love all the jackets, coats he did)!
Annette Kölling looks very CDG... this is a bit sad...

I think there's a real thing with this students that have seen sooo many things around that they actually picks a bit of this and of that... and don't really have their personnality...this is sad... they don't really push forward...

agree 100%....
Raul is very good!!!!

and I don't know why but I'm always more excited by menswear than womenswear in the Fashion School Final Shows...
maybe because imo, there's more to explore in menswear...
i noticed too that they had a lot of sportswear and plastic fabrics, something i hardly saw in the past gradshows. i guess they're also getting influenced by the current trends
but i dunno, i like how a lot of the menswear is quite wearable although still interesting.. (actually most of the items, also in the womenswear, were quite wearable this year..) i dont see it as lacking personality at all. i think the idea of showmanship can get to the students, like trying to create something that will impress the audience rather than going with what you truly like and things that mean more to you... From my experience it's not a good experience

for raul, i did like the one outfit with the quilted(studded?) fabric and glittery pants and the silhouettes and fabric treatments were nice at hirouchi too

21-06-2007

that's exactly what i noticed as well. i suppose with the rising popularity with menswear the last years,it's going to resonate to the school shows as well. and it's about time,really. we need more option! and work that transcends the archetype too. this really gives us a glimpse of what we might expect in the future.

21-06-2007

btw,3rd year is really beautiful and imaginitive...

here's Heaven Tanudiredja-

*photoaddict.be

Last edited by Scott; 21-06-2007 at 05:29 AM.
21-06-2007

romain brau-

Last edited by Scott; 21-06-2007 at 05:30 AM.
21-06-2007
tfs star

That last two collections are breathtaking!

Press escape to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
that's exactly what i noticed as well. i suppose with the rising popularity with menswear the last years,it's going to resonate to the school shows as well. and it's about time,really. we need more option! and work that transcends the archetype too. this really gives us a glimpse of what we might expect in the future.
There is a void in men's fashion, in my humble opinion. Perhaps there is an emphasis within the Academy to fill this void?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, antwerpen, hogeschool