How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Hood by Air Mens S/S 2016 Paris

nowfashion.com

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

backstage pass

I dunno about this...

5 Days Ago
tfs star

WTF is this?

V.I.P.

yea... after an amazing fall collection, im disappointed

5 Days Ago
backstage pass

The whole thing looks too gimmicky. What's around the mouth of the other models? I feel uncomfortable looking at these.

4 Days Ago
Once King

those pants remind me of highschool and Hot Topic. Not in the best ways either.

1 Day Ago
fashion icon

I understand why a designer like Oliver would want to show in Paris. It's where he's always wanted to be.

But Paris isn't just about a progressive or wacky idea, it's also about technique and craft, real luxury and skill. It's where Yohji and Rei present their clothes. It's where Lanvin and Hermes show their collections. It's where the masters dwell and the best of the best come to show off. It's disappointing after such a strong season that Oliver came only to prove he was out of his depth.

These clothes look tortured, and not in a CDG deconstructed way but in a fashion school project way. The thing about deconstruction is that you need to know how to construct the thing before you take it apart. I'd like to see Oliver prove he can make a beautiful suit or beautiful dress. Until then, it's just rags and scraps that no one wants to wear.

Refine refine refine!!! He should go back to basics and rebuild his collection with a solid foundation in proper clothes. That would be unexpected. We can get this vibe much better from Rei, Rick, or Ricardo. His shock value and new kid on the block appeal is set to wear out in 3, 2, 1...

1 Day Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
I understand why a designer like Oliver would want to show in Paris. It's where he's always wanted to be.

But Paris isn't just about a progressive or wacky idea, it's also about technique and craft, real luxury and skill. It's where Yohji and Rei present their clothes. It's where Lanvin and Hermes show their collections. It's where the masters dwell and the best of the best come to show off. It's disappointing after such a strong season that Oliver came only to prove he was out of his depth.

These clothes look tortured, and not in a CDG deconstructed way but in a fashion school project way. The thing about deconstruction is that you need to know how to construct the thing before you take it apart. I'd like to see Oliver prove he can make a beautiful suit or beautiful dress. Until then, it's just rags and scraps that no one wants to wear.

Refine refine refine!!! He should go back to basics and rebuild his collection with a solid foundation in proper clothes. That would be unexpected. We can get this vibe much better from Rei, Rick, or Ricardo. His shock value and new kid on the block appeal is set to wear out in 3, 2, 1...
And for F!!K sake can he please learn to do a collar that doesn't look like shat.

1 Day Ago
barcode

It's a tragic day when this parade of overworked, overpriced and pretentious bulls*** is considered somehow relevant and Donna Karan basically closes up shop.

1 Day Ago
trendsetter

1 Day Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
yea... after an amazing fall collection, im disappointed
Me too. The fall collection was fantastic, it had all the transgression that HBA stands for but also had a great elegant and polished feel. This one looks way too overworked, I think he maybe tried too hard to make a big statement. There's some good pieces (I particularly loved the deconstructed white shirt), but he can do better than this, especially if he wants to show in Paris.

we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, air, hood, mens, paris, s or s