Imitation Of Christ S/S 06 New York - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
10-09-2005
frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
oh right - thanks for explaining. I agree with you - pretty insensitive (to say the least) to try & sell clothes by reference directly to an ordinary persons death. Had she had a brain she could have had a political message without referencing any particular victim of this disaster. I don't know that much about this Tara subkoff (sp?) woman but this certainly doesn't seem very smart to me.
exactly...she tries to mix in this political slant (she had a george bush impersonator in the front row of one of her shows) but it never really means anything...it's all for show...

i have no idea why she is still designing, who is buying these clothes, or what the point is...honestly i would rather look at sweetface, l.a.m.b., or even house of dereon than this crap

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
Why is Scarlett smoking while walking down the runway?!
It's a total rip from Mcqueen's last show.

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

This one of the worst collections I have ever seen. I am not even sure where to start.

10-09-2005

why are you all hating on her so much?? i can see the stuff is really mediocre and some even pathetic, but it was very clear from day one that she was just a glorified stylist (a very good one at that, in my opinion) and not a real designer...

V.I.P.

and i don't see why style.com is even featuring this collection, yet left out others like Yigal Azrouel or Esteban Cortazar......seems very unlogical to me.

Last edited by liberty33r1b; 10-09-2005 at 01:47 PM.
10-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend
I felt the same way when looking at the collection, it reminds me of wal mart alot

Why did she bother putting any of this on a runway?? More importantly, why would anyone pay runway prices for this?

backstage pass

Wow. Just wow.

Tara is a pretentious twit who thinks she can design and gets her way around by being friends with "indie" people (and I am SO glad she and Wes Anderson broke up; he doesn't deserve that crap.)

I hope this is her last show. She has no talent and is a self-absorbed b****.

The end.

10-09-2005
Stitch:the Hand

^Amen,NinjaPirate

TooHip,I don't even think she's that great of a stylist really. If she were really that great,the bad elements of these mere swaths of fabric would not be so transparent.

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

I can honestly say that these are the worst clothes i have ever seen. There is NO design element too these clothes whatsoever. It seems like she just cuts away and throws pieces of fabrics together.

I'm looking forward to the reviews

10-09-2005
Amour Comme Hiver

Was I the only one completly ticked off to see Scarlett on the runway?!?

Man, if this is what direction fashion is going in ... let's just say NYFashion Week is really off so far.

10-09-2005
rising star

from style.com...
NEW YORK, September 11, 2005 – Tara Subkoff is famous for being a theatrical provocateur, and she definitely delivered the goods this season with the launch of the IOC denim line. Subkoff cast herself as Gidget (replete with blond bangs, wide-leg jeans, and striped tee) and Scarlett Johansson as a latter-day Marilyn Monroe (high-waist dark denim and bright red lipstick) to kick off this typically frenzied but stunning show.

At the Surrogate's Court in lower Manhattan, the first grouping of models, be-wigged and handcuffed (and sentenced to some slightly overwrought choreography), descended two majestic staircases in pairs, to the strains of Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)." The dark denim pieces—jeans, shorts, and dresses both formfitting and free-flowing—all had the word "imitation" embroidered over three crosses on the back pocket. Things lightened up, literally, as the show progressed and "Let the Sunshine In" from Hair replaced wolf cries on the soundtrack. The denim was as bleached as a California blonde, and styled like one, too. Mixed in with the Western looks were eyelet and gingham minidresses with a pixie quality befitting Mary Quant, some worn with modish white boots Subkoff designed for Easy Spirit. (There were also one-of-a-kind hand-painted pieces by Rita Ackermann and Ben Cho, among others, which will be sold to benefit Habitat for Humanity.) This being an IOC show, the amused front row, an art-world who's who that included Cecily Brown, Rachel Feinstein, and Mother Inc., had plenty to gawk at. One model in a trenchcoat flashed a denim penis, followed by dancers en pointe wearing hand-painted dresses Subkoff showed during the Paris couture.

10-09-2005
backstage pass

Arrogant.

10-09-2005
about to fall or fly

i find all the outfits posted, with the exception of maybe 2, boring and even slightly ugly.

V.I.P.

I think they do use stuff from goodwill and recycle, don't they? AND she dates Jimmy Fallon.....HMMMM. In NYC, IOC is very respected and they are so "in" style. I definitely think her personal style is very good. It is more visionary. I don't feel it carries over onto the runway.....

10-09-2005
Stitch:the Hand

What a complete insult to Mary Quant associating her with Tara Subkoff

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, christ, imitation, s or s, york