How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2012
fashion insider

Iris Van Herpen HC S/S 2012 Paris

nowfashion

23-01-2012
fashion insider

nowfashion

23-01-2012
V.I.P.

without tag

-nowfashion.com

23-01-2012
V.I.P.

-nowfashion.com

23-01-2012
fashion insider

impressive, still- BUT it's the same technique's all the time. if you put all the iris van herpen collection together, on runway, it seems like one big collection. i also wonder how the construction techniques with iris, which seem more modern, are weighed in comparison to more traditional, classic techniques. just on appearance, doesn't seem like they're in the same lane. though i could be wrong.

23-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydante View Post
impressive, still- BUT it's the same technique's all the time. if you put all the iris van herpen collection together, on runway, it seems like one big collection.
This!
I only really love look 1 & 3 in post #4. The rest is nothing special for van Herpen. But I'll still take this over all the chiffon and ruffles overload in other HC collections any day.
I wish the shoes were as awesome as the ones from last season.

23-01-2012
tfs star

those gaga clothes that no one wears :S

23-01-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
There are (were?) a lot of her archive pieces on sale in Antwerp and you'd be suprised how wearable a lot of this is.

front row

The pieces stand alone as very solid, beautiful pieces of architecture- however I do agree that it's repetitive. It does come across as an extension of the previous couture collection with a few new additions. hmm....

23-01-2012
backstage pass

Its interesting but looks 3 and 4 are the only ones I like

backstage pass

I've felt much more wow'd by past collections because they weren't as repetitive, however some of the details of this one are great. The shoes, for instance, are stunning.

tumblr
As well as the opening outfit which I didn't realize from the first picture was made of mirrors (or some reflective silvery material) which looks beautiful in the close ups.

There's room for improvement and hopefully we can see more original material in the future but it's still a good collection overall.

23-01-2012
backstage pass

I like how she's pushing the boundaries of the craft but on the other hand, it's not wearable... trade-off...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by [alias] View Post
I've felt much more wow'd by past collections because they weren't as repetitive, however some of the details of this one are great. The shoes, for instance, are stunning.
tumblr
As well as the opening outfit which I didn't realize from the first picture was made of mirrors (or some reflective silvery material) which looks beautiful in the close ups.

There's room for improvement and hopefully we can see more original material in the future but it's still a good collection overall.
omg,thats (O.M.G.) Extraordinary
i have no words to say

Last edited by Petit Lucille; 11-02-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Please, do not quote pictures.
24-01-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
it's Paris' (1st point) Couture (2nd point) fashion week, we're here to "dream" not to wear ! I like this fantastic spirit

06-02-2012
V.I.P.

The shoes were a collaboration with United Nude again and will most likely be available in their online shop again:

Quote:
Iris van Herpen x United Nude Haute Couture
February, 2012

Among members of the fashion world, Iris van Herpen is known for pushing the boundaries of Haute Couture. On January 23rd she showed for the second time as an official guest of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture in Paris, and once again wowed the audience.

Models stepped out in “Fang” shoes with ten sharp teeth to each foot – the product of van Herpen’s fifth successful collaboration with United Nude. The shape of the wedge is so complex that each one consists of fiberglass and carbon fiber, made in a slow molding process. It is not yet certain whether these shoes will come to market as a limited edition, as was the case with previous Iris van Herpen x United Nude designs, but it is worth keeping an eye out for them.

Iris van Herpen

Iris van Herpen’s designs demonstrate fashion as art. Her creations are clear artistic statements through which women can express their unique character. It is no surprise that Bjork and Lady Gaga are part of her devoted clientele.

Her current collection has been inspired by microscopic organisms. The garments are made with her own signature materials, fused with highly detailed craftsmanship and innovative techniques, such as 3D printing. Her style’s avant-garde spirit combines raw and technologically-produced materials, displaying her attraction to radical fabrics, such as leather, synthetic boat rigging, Plexiglas and the whalebones from children’s umbrellas. Her exceptional blends create a sculptured effect and have an astonishing visual impact.

Spring Summer 2012

The main colors of the 2012 Spring-Summer collection are light, specifically white and beige, while also dabbling in the darker areas of the spectrum, such as ray-grey, brown, copper, dark metal silver and
aubergine.

Alongside United Nude, Iris van Herpen also collaborated on this collection with designer Stephen Jones, artist Bart Hess, architect Isaie Bloch and graphic designer Tara Doughans.
unitednude.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, hc, herpen, iris, paris, s or s, van