How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2009
front row

Karma for your mama, Vinciano. Thank you so much for posting this. I'm a huge fan of her vibe--effortless, nonchalant, and so very Parisian. Me likey.

06-03-2009
.my prison is your brain.

I'd wear damn near all of it. Basic, but still stunning. Great styling. Thanks Vinciano

06-03-2009
fashion icon

wow..I like this more than expected...i love the masculine rock and roll look going on here.

backstage pass

Beautiful/on-trend and yet totally wearable with a broad appeal which was missing from the last collection! I love it especially the furs, floral print pieces and the grey tees..the colours are perfect.

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

back on track...the leopard swing coats are awesome, ive been wanting one of those for awhile, so this is great. much of the same casual shapes she has been accustomed to lately but without the juvenile flutter or flash. the use of charcoal grey, plums, and black is nice and dark, tapping into the right mood. the skintight boots are quite the eyecatcher.

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

bouh .... that is the one of the worst I.Marant's collection I've seen in years ...
the Emmanuelle Alt touch is really annoying ... and I can even feel she tried to make a Marant version of Balmain ...

I thought Condé Nast didn't want its editors to consult ! Shame !

But I'm also wondering if Marant isn't, now, making collections for her US and UK customers and no more for her French Fans !

06-03-2009
vertebrae by vertebrae

looks boring to me and has a trendy "blog girl style" for lack of a better term. you know... those blog girls.

06-03-2009
rising star

I love the leopard coats aswell!

06-03-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I kind of agree with Inaya. One of the posters on the first page (sorry - can't remember who!) said it was great because it's wearable, and I agree, it is totally wearable. But it's things people are already wearing. It's nicely styled but this is exactly how people have been dressing on the streets of NYC, London, and where I live (a much smaller city) for the past 3 months. So I don't really get an inspiration or interest from it.

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
bouh .... that is the one of the worst I.Marant's collection I've seen in years ...
the Emmanuelle Alt touch is really annoying ... and I can even feel she tried to make a Marant version of Balmain ...

I thought Condé Nast didn't want its editors to consult ! Shame !

But I'm also wondering if Marant isn't, now, making collections for her US and UK customers and no more for her French Fans !
I agree Berlin, not to sound too nostalgic but I think she's only gone backwards since her superb F/W 06 collection.

I don't think consulting is really the problem, the problem here is Alt, she just really wants to see herself through ever collection, caring little about her client's roots or vision. that's my main complain about her, I don't know how she negotiates but she's clearly good at it cause she always get away with sending little Alts down the runway.

Not French here but I guess you're right on your last statement as well, it's a lot more body-conscious and trendy than before, clearly aimed at an older, wealthier crowd instead of young, 'carefree' downtown characters. At least that's the idea I had of her clothing.

Inaya.. what an accurate new term. very true.

fashion insider

^^ they look like little Alts for sure, I do enjoy some of her looks but that's it....she's turning the brands she's working with into her own aesthetic not the designer's I think ...

that beeing said I think is nice...this is wearable but, people are already wearing it as meg said.

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

I'll not begin to like this just because alt is styling their ad. but I like the fur on carmen.

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

Gorgeous looks!

backstage pass

I do like it, but I agree, it's already being worn.

V.I.P.

I always enjoy Marant collections, this time is no exception! thank you very much for the pix, Vinciano!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, f or w, isabel, marant, paris