How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-11-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
No Michigan ave in Chicago? That's weird.
Agreed. Usually both State and Michigan carry the collaborations. I'm assuming Michigan will carry it.

09-11-2013
V.I.P.

are they desperate to sell the Marant pieces in the states? was the response so bad so far?

10-11-2013
V.I.P.

Oh gawd, I have class at 9:30 in the morning but apparently in LA stores are gonna start letting customers shop at 8. Any LA people on here going to the Beverly Center store?!?
I have no idea if I should even attempt lining up early and then head to class for an exam at 9:30. There's like 3-6 pieces I want but I'm limiting myself this year to maybe 2 pieces. I feel like it's pricier than usual
Is anyone in the states attempting to shop online? I read it's available at 12pm EST but after hearing from so many people on here from past collections and how the website crashes, I don't even know if I should attempt that at all. lol.

10-11-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
Oh gawd, I have class at 9:30 in the morning but apparently in LA stores are gonna start letting customers shop at 8. Any LA people on here going to the Beverly Center store?!?
I have no idea if I should even attempt lining up early and then head to class for an exam at 9:30. There's like 3-6 pieces I want but I'm limiting myself this year to maybe 2 pieces. I feel like it's pricier than usual
Is anyone in the states attempting to shop online? I read it's available at 12pm EST but after hearing from so many people on here from past collections and how the website crashes, I don't even know if I should attempt that at all. lol.
I'm attempting online as I have to work that morning anyway. 12 NOON you say? That's an odd launch time. I'd expect it to be early morning.

10-11-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
are they desperate to sell the Marant pieces in the states? was the response so bad so far?
the line is advertised in all the november magazines.
however, they are not desperate to sell the line. H&M is just looking for a halo effect - they want shoppers to come in and buy normal H&M stuff they don't have to pay a royalty on and stuff that is cheaper to make.

there is a higher mark up on normal H&M stuff as compared to the IM stuff.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Four of each style?? It's still limited to one of each style here in the UK.
it is limited to one of each style ONLINE in the US, but 4 in the store.

there was abundant stock last year of margiela in store due to renzo rosso's insistence.

this year i doubt there will be much. my time is too valuable for me to be getting up early for the few pieces i want. i'll stop by there as i'm doing my other errands but i will not be made a fool by a retailer (ie waiting in line, getting a wristband only to have to return 2 hours later)

scenester

I had written this collection off without really looking at it, but now that I have, I quite like the coats. Don't think I'll have any chance of actually getting one though, as I won't have time to get to H&M before work. I do think that this collection feels a bit redundant though- I feel like I've seen every single one of these pieces copied on the high street so many times that I don't entirely see the point of reproducing them yet again. But then perhaps I'm not the best person to judge as I've completely lost interest in Isabel Marant these past few seasons...

12-11-2013
windowshopping

This is the first time that I am interested in such a collection for H&M. Until now I did not pay much attention to the previous collaborations. But now I am curious. As I have to work on Thursday, I won’t be able to go to the store until the weekend or next week. Does this mean that everything will be sold out until then? No restock later?

12-11-2013
front row

I have been looking at their web page for every single piece, styling on my mind, but I have to work on thursday and I have 4 interviews that I cant cancel so my dream to go and queue in the morning at 10 in front of HM has diminished.now all I can hope to check it out at thursday night if anything left or on friday night after work.and they dont have isabel marant for hm avaible online in Turkey- shame on them, poor working people can not have time to go and shop.

btw I have an eye on the jeans but I need to try them if they fit me or does it look good on.but I dont know
if there will be anything left

Last edited by glamrockgal; 12-11-2013 at 04:36 PM.
13-11-2013
V.I.P.

Just got confirmation from their FB page that it launches at noon EST tomorrow. That makes me happy since I'll be home from work by then.

13-11-2013
V.I.P.

Well from the prelaunch I ended up buying a jumper and a scarf. That was about it. The plain sweatshirts are nicer quality than I was expecting. There are no carrier bags this year, all purchases come in tie dye cotton tote bags with padded handles, they're actually really cool. From the launch the chiffon dress, the feather print jersey top, beaded trophy jacket and the zip up knitted hoodie thing in the reds and pattern were all gone. The boots did really well too I saw and there's already some on e-bay bid up to over £260 when their retail value is £150.

The kids shoes were cool, such a shame they didn't do them in men's sizes.

14-11-2013
backstage pass

Unbelievable! I won't even try to get something, it's useless. I know people are really excited, blah blah blah, but what's the point if everything is already sold out BEFORE the actual launch, I don't get it. And only 4 pieces per store, that's a joke! I'm not leaving in Paris so, of course, there will be nothing in the H&M stores near me.
As usual, bloggers are the real winners of the story, they've all already made an outfit post with Marant for H&M, I wonder how they get all that... Sorry, but well, that's not fair. Isabel Marant told she accepted the collaboration so any girl could get a piece for an affordable price, I suppose that's not really what happened...

14-11-2013
V.I.P.

Well essentially almost any girl CAN have pieces from the collection. If she wants to travel/line up etc for it. The website is in the queuing system currently I see...

14-11-2013
trendsetter

I see the online shopping process is going smoothly...

V.I.P.

UK visitor's have -

"YOU ARE PLACED IN A QUEUE Due to the high level of interest in our latest collections, you are being placed in a queue. We are working hard to give you access as soon as possible. Please try again.
Please note: items placed in the shopping bag are not reserved, so once you have chosen your items proceed immediately to the checkout.
Thank you for your patience"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, isabel, marant