How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-06-2013
fashion elite

Oh, I am so on board for this! I cannot wait to see what she does for menswear. Time to start saving my money now!

11-06-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Part of me thinks the last thing we need is more people walking around in trendy Marant outfits, but the other part of me thinks that this makes sense on so many levels that I can't wait to see the outcome.
The first part.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

most of her collections look a lot like H&M so it seems a natural fit....:p

11-06-2013
fashion elite

Finally Isabel Marant Menswear.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

I didn't even expect this collaboration. Can't wait to see her menswear pieces.

11-06-2013
fashion insider

I like Isabel Marant but They Pretty much use knockoff a lot of her looks in their collections anyway, I guess now they have the right to and Isabel can cast in on it

11-06-2013
tfs star

I agree that one can get the Marant 'look' from Zara, h&m etc. However, what I like about the real deal are the details that many of her RTW pieces have, that at most times the high-street stuff is lacking. I am into details so her line of clothing (the more intricate pieces) are very appealing to me. I am hoping that this collab for the women's wear will be as intricate, and of course at 'the right price point' for H&M..

11-06-2013
fashion insider

Good for Marant. This seems like the perfect way for a designer to benefit ($$$) from a commercial chain who regularly rips off their clothes.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

When Alber Elbaz spoke at The Vogue Festival last month he was asked what made him do the collection and he essentially said it was a mutual agreement, rather than them copying Lanvin, he'd design for them, and they wouldn't do it. Or words to that effect. Perhaps Marant has gone for the same sort of deal.

11-06-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
...What's the point? Her designs have been available at H&M, Zara, and many other high street brands for seasons now (not that she's a beacon of originality to begin with). So you'll be paying more for same designs they've been copying because now her name will be slapped on the tag?
That's the first thing that came to my mind...

Looking forward to her menswear, even though I feel like it will be something similar to what Sandro offers...

Stitch:the Hand

i find this a tad hypocritical given her statements regarding designing needless collections outside the two main seasons throughout a year yet somehow she finds the time and the interest to design a collection for H&M.....that tells me where her priorities lie.

anyway,certainly will be more successful than that MMM fiasco.....a little more formulamatic to H&M's motivations.....i mean she already designs higher-end H&M clothing anyway. and no she isn't the beacon of originality....at least not anymore.....of course,had she had she not radically changed her aesthetic to something so generic,maybe it wouldn't be so easy.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

i can see the collection before my eyes already. cropped skinny pants, peasant blouses with embroidery and some moto perfecto jackets, most likely also with some embroidery or embellishment that's vaguely ethnic. probably in leather.

might get the men's perfecto jacket, if the 'add on' isn't too distracting

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
When Alber Elbaz spoke at The Vogue Festival last month he was asked what made him do the collection and he essentially said it was a mutual agreement, rather than them copying Lanvin, he'd design for them, and they wouldn't do it. Or words to that effect. Perhaps Marant has gone for the same sort of deal.
what do you mean with 'they wouldn't do it'?

and yeah, MMM must have been a bit of a disaster for them. i bought the suede 'shearling' jacket for €20 last month

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

H&M would essentially ease back on just taking Alber's designs from the Lanvin collections. The question was asked about how does he feel about his designs being copied so much. He said something along the lines of it was frustrating and in turn was really the reason why he teamed with H&M, to stop them simply copying what he was doing but instead work with them to produce something much better and beautiful and in effect stop copying him. I think it was probably a bit of an 'I'll design a collection for you, but you need to stop lifting so heavily from Lanvin collections' and from the sound of it, H&M agreed.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

YAY! I'm super excited!

11-06-2013
fashion elite

S n e a k e r s

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, isabel, marant