How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

Isabel Marant for H&M
Quote:
Isabel Marant brings her French touch to H&M

H&M is proud to announce its autumn collaboration with Parisian designer Isabel Marant. With her effortless style, Isabel Marant has created a widely influential and successful take on Paris chic. Mixing urban attitude, boho elegance and rock ‘n’ roll spirit, she delivers a genuine French allure. For H&M, Isabel Marant will create a wardrobe of must-have pieces inspired by her signature style. Available from 14th November 2013, in around 250 stores worldwide and online, the collection features clothing and accessories for women and teenagers. Isabel Marant will also, for the first time, create a collection for men.

“I am flattered by this collaboration: H&M works with the best designers and this invitation is an exciting honour. I aim at creating something real, that women want to wear in their everyday lives, with a certain carelessness, which I think is very Parisian: you dress up, but do not pay too much attention and still look sexy. The collection is infused with this kind of easiness and attitude. Everything can be mixed following one’s own instincts: my take on fashion is all about personality” says Isabel Marant.

“We are excited to have Isabel Marant as a guest designer at H&M. The way she mixes different elements in her collections, creating a style that is effortless and urban, makes her very contemporary. She has a fantastic eye for ethnic detail and the rare ability to create something that people really want to wear. We are sure the H&M customers will be enthusiastic about this collection” says Margareta van den Bosch, Creative Advisor at H&M.

Born and raised in Paris, Isabel Marant started customising her own clothes while still at school. A graduate of the famed Studio Berçot, Isabel Marant worked her way up the fashion system starting with a jewellery line, then adding knitwear, finally launching her eponymous collection in 1994. Today she runs an internationally successful fashion powerhouse with a string of boutiques worldwide. Her Parisian chic style – a mix of bohemia and masculine tailoring – grows in popularity season after season.
Marant menswear!

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

The teaser video doesn't show any of the collection from what I can see, doubt this image features any pieces either..

Photo from H&M.

11-06-2013
No One Does It Like You.

this is good!

Mr. Magic

At first I wasn't excited at all hearing the collaboration but the 'Marant menswear' bits

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
11-06-2013
V.I.P.

Well that collection will most certainly be more commercially successful than the Margiela one! I assume the collection won't look much different from her regular collections (I can't tell the main line and the Étoile line apart either), which is good. Part of me thinks the last thing we need is more people walking around in trendy Marant outfits, but the other part of me thinks that this makes sense on so many levels that I can't wait to see the outcome. Very curious about the menswear, too!

11-06-2013
trendsetter

...What's the point? Her designs have been available at H&M, Zara, and many other high street brands for seasons now (not that she's a beacon of originality to begin with). So you'll be paying more for same designs they've been copying because now her name will be slapped on the tag?

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

I generally find it's nice to wait and see at least some items of a collection before charging in with such a dreary attitude towards it.

We've seen nothing.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

In Bloom

Well. The shoes and coats will be interesting. The rest...not so much. I haven't been able to stand Marant for years, her collections have been absolutely vile lately.

we were in love

11-06-2013
In Bloom

I am kind of excited about the outerwear and shoes if I have to be completely honest

we were in love

11-06-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
...What's the point? Her designs have been available at H&M, Zara, and many other high street brands for seasons now (not that she's a beacon of originality to begin with). So you'll be paying more for same designs they've been copying because now her name will be slapped on the tag?
you took the words out of my mouth, perhaps except the mens part, I am curious what is her aesthetics for men? something like paul and joe maybe?
but still, in anticipation, since her clothes are generally pretty, in the regular sense of the word.

11-06-2013
front row

This is the best news ever !

tfs star

This is so good!

fashion insider

Wow, great news.
I hope she goes back basics so I can rekindle my love for her. There was a time when i would say 70% of my wardrobe was Marant but this last collections are unbelievably bad.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 11-06-2013 at 06:14 AM.
11-06-2013
backstage pass

I fail to see the hype in this: her collections nowadays are not different from what Zara offers at a much more reasonable price. Kinda interested in how she will develop the menswear, though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, isabel, marant