How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2008
V.I.P.

^ I think that's my main complain about Alt (and her boss, too). Their personal style (which is what they sell - the tributes they make to themselves) is heavily influenced by celebrity culture, they're extremely body conscious in a conventional way that doesn't intrigue you or is individual in terms of style or brings anything new to the table like often Paris-based artists manage to do as they're perfectly balanced between mental and body aesthetics. and the worst part for me is that they do openly promote themselves as the epitome of 'Parisian Style'. it doesn't offend me, I'm not from Paris!, but it gets on my nerves to see them all over the shows turning everything and everyone into the same clone they show month after month in their overhyped publication. People complain a lot about the mafia-esque ways their American counterparts exhibit (led by Ms. Wintour), but I see little difference when it comes to Alt and Roitfeld.. it's a good thing Tisci can be stubborn enough with his creations because both Marant and Decarnin seem to be visually losing it under the influence of Carine's posse.

Last edited by MulletProof; 29-09-2008 at 09:53 PM.

29-09-2008
backstage pass

Nothing new and interesting..

29-09-2008
front row

i like it a lot

29-09-2008
fashion icon

I like it! Very wearable collection.

30-09-2008
front row

beautiful!! i want all of the clothes..

30-09-2008
front row

now that i've reviewed the collection once again.. i think you can find these tops/dresses at like urban outfitters.. but IM will charge you a pretty penny.

30-09-2008
shake off your flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^ I think that's my main complain about Alt (and her boss, too). Their personal style (which is what they sell - the tributes they make to themselves) is heavily influenced by celebrity culture, they're extremely body conscious in a conventional way that doesn't intrigue you or is individual in terms of style or brings anything new to the table like often Paris-based artists manage to do as they're perfectly balanced between mental and body aesthetics. and the worst part for me is that they do openly promote themselves as the epitome of 'Parisian Style'. it doesn't offend me, I'm not from Paris!, but it gets on my nerves to see them all over the shows turning everything and everyone into the same clone they show month after month in their overhyped publication. People complain a lot about the mafia-esque ways their American counterparts exhibit (led by Ms. Wintour), but I see little difference when it comes to Alt and Roitfeld.. it's a good thing Tisci can be stubborn enough with his creations because both Marant and Decarnin seem to be visually losing it under the influence of Carine's posse.
hear, hear

30-09-2008
a hymn to darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Karma to you...
They've lost that mystery, the charm that is necessary to remain
engaging and fresh, imo...
When you think Paris Vogue, you know what to expect..
& rarely are you proved wrong...

I would be heartbroken if Tisci became a Paris Vogue template...
Curse the day!!!

i'm almost ready..

Mullet you make some good points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
Yikes. I love Isabel but seriously, fire Emmanuelle.. everything that she touches turns into Ms. boho girl from the suburbs. The styling is so ugly and vulgar.. everything Marant didn't use to look like.
i like emmanuelle and i think she's done great things but i agree that this pushes it too far. this doesn't look effortless any more.. it looks contrived and it looks tacky.. it's definitely gone into the 'too trendy' basket, which is such a shame, because as you say there are so many beautiful pieces here.

i know in stores this is going to be one beautiful, cool piece after another and i'm going to want all of it.. well, except for the pale pink stuff and the denim jackets.. but with this styling a lot of it just looks like something a young emmanuelle wannabe put together from shops at her local mall... not that there's anything wrong with local malls and their clothes...but you know what i mean i hope..

30-09-2008
front row

photos I snapped at yesterday's show:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliptu...7607588014032/

source: PAPER Magazine

rising star

i love the collection...it was a little too country for me at times, but overall lovely
hits: lace, boots
miss: denim jackets....eeck.

30-09-2008
In Bloom

I actually love the denim jackets.

we were in love

30-09-2008
In Bloom

I love it, Emmanuelle Alt or not. So shoot me. These are comfortable and afordable clothes that don't make you look like a homeless person, and I'm a huge fan of that.

we were in love

30-09-2008
shake off your flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I actually love the denim jackets.
me too

01-10-2008
scenester

I really like the collection. Nothing new or terribly exciting, but there is some great pieces. I feel like I need the boots..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, isabel, marant, paris, s or s