How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

Isabel Marant S/S 2012 Paris
twitter.com/Videofashion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg isabel.jpg (35.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg isabel1.jpg (32.8 KB, 27 views)

30-09-2011
scenester

love the knits and some of the embellished pieces, but otherwise not the strongest i've seen from her. maybe i'll save some money next season. lol.

V.I.P.

^me too. haven't yet seen the whole collection, but it feels very uninspired so far...

30-09-2011
backstage pass

I looked through it all on NowFashion, and I'm not too impressed I feel like she mixed the last two seasons and then threw in metallics at the end. There were a few pieces I liked but definately not her strongest.

scenester

one thing i will say about it is i like the fact that it's not theme-y. navajo and feather print all over everything is anything but timeless (yet very fun).

Geometric Discharge

50% of the collection being repulsive must be a box to tick at Isabel Marant.

30-09-2011
rising star

I really anticipated towards this SS 2012-show. The weird thing is, when I see a show from Isabel Marant I don't go crazy, I look at it and think "nice, but I liked last time more" then I look again and again and I see details, I see shapes and suddenly I start to like it more and more.
The colours are very marine-ish, a lot of red white and blue, also some faded colours, tie dye and damaged affects, which give it a very cool and edgy look, like Balmain also does.
She has put some classic elements in her collection like her famous knitwear, a trophy jacket and printed pants. Also she really played with shapes, like this amazing vest above with pointy shoulders and some amazing embellishment (I want this in my closet!!!!!), would love to see that one IRL and I wonder if there will be a long sleeved version too. Some shapes and prints kinda looked like the Celine collection, which I liked, but it was a little bit too much for everyday wear, but Isabel Marant translated this look in a wearable version. We can also see that next summer thin strappy sandals will be the trend

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

about half of it like those coloured knits i really hate

and then the other half like the tie-dye and the metallic dresses at the end are gorgeous. the shoes look amazing too.

backstage pass

A collection very true to the brand's DNA. I like that.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ in what part of the collection? the lace? I just looked at the full collection and details and I can't honestly find anything that vaguely resembles the label Isabel founded almost 20 years ago, except for the lace, but even that is unenthusiastically made. This is vulgar, cheap, irrelevant.. there aren't enough words, I wonder if, had we seen this in New York, presented under a different name, people had even bothered to check it out (myself included), this is the stuff that not even Diesel is putting its money on anymore, because it's too recently overexposed. This will do well thanks to the hype and its lazy consumers that force themselves into accepting this and that are almost tube-fed by Vogue Paris.. I'd rather remain skeptical of someone's genuine will to spend so much on looking so cheap (unless you're Dolly of course).

fashion insider

I haven't liked an Isabel Marant collection in a while, such a shame. Some of the slouchy knits and the metallic dresses I like here, but otherwise it's messy and haphazard like her other recent collections have been.

V.I.P.

Some of the denim & fatigue looks are nice, as are a few of the knits.

But track bottoms? And, even worse, numbered t-shirts?? In a runway show? Can't go in for that myself.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
01-10-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^ in what part of the collection? the lace? I just looked at the full collection and details and I can't honestly find anything that vaguely resembles the label Isabel founded almost 20 years ago, except for the lace, but even that is unenthusiastically made. This is vulgar, cheap, irrelevant.. there aren't enough words, I wonder if, had we seen this in New York, presented under a different name, people had even bothered to check it out (myself included), this is the stuff that not even Diesel is putting its money on anymore, because it's too recently overexposed. This will do well thanks to the hype and its lazy consumers that force themselves into accepting this and that are almost tube-fed by Vogue Paris.. I'd rather remain skeptical of someone's genuine will to spend so much on looking so cheap (unless you're Dolly of course).
No, no, no, I don't mean 20 or so years ago, but her consistency in recycling specific styles and pieces season after season recently. The DNA that Marant has become now, the rolled slims, the jackets, the t-shirts/blouses, the minidresses... They are so obviously here, much more so than e.g. in her previous navajo collection. Maybe it's just my parisian mentality, but I appreciate that she is actually sort of puts/adds value (I don't know if the expression is coming across correctly in English) to her clothes, for a time frame extending much beyond one season. I see this so often here, her items from past seasons recycled and recycled again and looking relevant and fabulous. And then, there are the over the top pieces that I think are more addressed to foreign markets, as I rarely see them around here.

Let me also clarify that this mostly applies about her Etoile line. Another fact that I really appreciate though is her standard adding pieces from her "cheap" (Etoile) line on the catwalk.

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

This looks incredibly cheap , the track pants lool , you can find those exact kinds at Walmart lol. The roll up skinny jeans , are in forever 21 . This kind of show , does not belong in Paris , or any catwalk .

01-10-2011
Midnight blooms.........

No more pics?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, isabel, marant, paris, s or s